Canada

Wedding Wednesdays

Taking a break from wedding stuff, please tell us all about your honeymoon :)
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Wedding Wednesdays

• edited December 2011

FI doesn't fly, so that has restricted our potential destinations.

We're going to take our time and drive down to the Florida Keys, with a couple of nights in Atlanta and Miami along the way to break-up the 30+hour drive. We'll be spending most of our time in Key West, lying on the beach, renting sea doos, bikes, taking a sunset sail, shopping... Then, a couple of nights in Key Largo, and stopping in Savannah on the way home. I'm super excited, though not looking forward to spending so much time in the car. We were very fortunate to get our workplaces to grant us three consecutive weeks of vacation.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are just gonna head down to Moose Jaw for a few days and go to the Temple Gardens Hotel and Mineral Spa (It's probably one of if not Saskatchewan's top destination..hehe..it really is awesome tho)

We're hoping to save up to take a bigger trip Feb break of 2012 and go to Montreal.  Again..it's not sandy beaches, but that is the one city FI and myself know we want to visit sometime.  And would loooooooooooooooooooooove if I could get to a Habs game sometime in my life!!! Eeek!
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a great 10 days at Sandals in Nassau, Bahamas - beautiful weather, beaches, great food & drink - I seriously gained at least 5 lbs that week - but it will still romantic and fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Sandals Grande Antigua!!
    Honeymoon Oceanview Suite with Butler.
    Just have to find a good price for it :(
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went on a cruise to Alaska. It was AMAZING.

A lot of people were surprised by this choice. But the scenery was just breathtaking and it was totally romantic. Just perfect for us :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wedding-wednesdays-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:ccc23c97-ced3-4dc6-9f0a-6932f5903cbcPost:f6af400b-98a1-4e19-9f2c-55f9fdf8b838">Re: Wedding Wednesdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went on a cruise to Alaska. It was AMAZING. A lot of people were surprised by this choice. But the scenery was just breathtaking and it was totally romantic. Just perfect for us :)
    Posted by ring_pop[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We're doing the Alaska thing as well, and I was surprised at how many people look at me like I'm crazy when i tell them that we're not going to a beach!</div><div>
    </div><div>M.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    W'er going to be going to Nova Scotia and PEI.  Dunno if any of you ladies watched the series "The Week the Women Went" on CBC.  Anyways... there was a train station B&B that we saw on the show that we're going to stay at in Tatamagouche. SOOO excited to go out east!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @tiffbott; I LOVE MooseJaw! When I was growing up we would go there for February Break (Reading Week) and I would celebrate my birthday in the randomest of ways...

Anyways, my FH and I are currently still thinking of a couple things. This is the one thing in wedding planning we had both invisioned differently. I thought white snow of the mountains, and he thought white sand of a beach. We are actually currently thinking that we may spend our honeymoon in a secluded shack in a forest somewhere.... and yeah, we are pretty random.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wedding-wednesdays-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:ccc23c97-ced3-4dc6-9f0a-6932f5903cbcPost:01560805-82b2-4955-b99e-7b970f2c00d6">Re: Wedding Wednesdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]W'er going to be going to Nova Scotia and PEI.  Dunno if any of you ladies watched the series "The Week the Women Went" on CBC.  Anyways... there was a train station B&B that we saw on the show that we're going to stay at in Tatamagouche. SOOO excited to go out east!
    Posted by smellymm83[/QUOTE]
    Good place!!!  <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>We're going to Cuba.  We won't be going until November 2011 (married in Sept 2011) because of the hurricane season but the wait will totally be worth it.  We LOVE Cuba:)</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wedding-wednesdays-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:ccc23c97-ced3-4dc6-9f0a-6932f5903cbcPost:76db7c9e-7dac-4e43-bff1-24a085d8bf85">Re: Wedding Wednesdays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sandals Grande Antigua!! Honeymoon Oceanview Suite with Butler. Just have to find a good price for it :(
    Posted by mcdol3[/QUOTE]
    I saw that in my magazine, and fell in LOVE... Good luck finding a good price! I'm trying to do the same!
    It's so gorgeous there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards