Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: Deleted

• Options
    All of my bridesmaids had alterations within a month of the wedding. 
    I am assuming you cannot return/exchange for the next size up?

Most girls here used Becky Fowler for alterations and she did 2/3 of my BM dresses (within a month). 
    I would probably tell her once you decided what you were going to do. 

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Hmm. Are the BM dresses all matching, so you HAVE to have this exact dress? If so, definitely check with wherever you ordered the dress from and see if you can exchange it for a bigger size (even if you have to pay rush shipping), search online (ebay, etc) to see if anyone's selling that exact dress in a bigger size, or call a local seamstress to see if they can make it work. Becky Fowler and Leighanna of Maybe Sew are the two most popular seamstresses on this board.

If the BM dresses don't have to match, talk to the bride about getting a different dress.

My BMs didn't have matching dresses and one of them didn't even buy her dress until two weeks before the wedding. So obviously I would not be upset hearing about a dress mishap a month before the wedding. But I would've been very upset if they had done any unhealthy dieting for my wedding, so please don't do anything crazy to try and fit into the dress! Definitely contact a seamstress first -- they can sometimes work magic, especially if it almost fits! I'm sure they've seen it all ... when I bought my wedding dress I overheard the bridal salon owner talking to a bride who'd just found out she'd be 5 months pregnant by the time her wedding came around, and she was telling her all kinds of ways they could still make the dress she'd bought fit!
  • Options
    Have you tried Spanx? They are not the most comfortable contraption, but they do the job!

If it doesn't zip up with the Spanx, (how close are you now?), then I would advise consulting with the bride or Becky to see if it can be let out at all. But, you would need to get the alterations done ASAP.
  • Options

Take it to get altered, most dresses have a little slack that can be let out.  It should be fairly inexpensive,I go to Amy's Alterations in Grand Prairie I had a satin dress let out and hemed up for $60.00 and it took her maybe 3-4 days.  It's worth a shot vs struggling to get into it and being miserable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards