Latino Weddings
Options

Help fahionistas. Mantilla veil & dress?

So this is my dress that i absolutely am in love with. and unless it looks horrible on me i am getting it. Do you think a mantilla veil will clash?

Re: Help fahionistas. Mantilla veil & dress?

• Options
    jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a mantilla with that dress would look absolutely GORGEOUS! Especially since the bottom portion of the dress (don't know what it's called!!) ruffles and flairs out like a flamenca dancer's dress!!! (o:
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

First of all, that dress is gorgeous. But I do think that it depends on the mantilla. This is a statement dress, so a very busy mantilla might be a little to much. Maybe one with only the lace trimming and a few details will look perfect and complement the dress.

Wedding Countdown TickerWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Carolito...a lacey mantilla veil may be too much for this dress...a simple elbow length would be gorgeous and wouldnt take away from the dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think mantilla would look perfect with the style of the dress, but a simple one, not too overworked.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress!!!  I hope you love it just as much when you put it on!!  And, yes a mantilla would be beautiful.  I agree with the other girls, something simple, but I say go for it!
  • Options
    bmcco010bmcco010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! my friends dont know much about dresses or weddings & i was getting so much negative from them. You know im the first on both side of my parents in the history of my family to ever have a wedding! Everyone went to the justice of the peace. So my mom, granny, dad, aunts cousins, none of them have ever had a wedding so im so confused on alot but i bought mindy weiss bridal guide book, the knot checklist book, plenty of the knot & brides magazines, and watching my fair wedding with david tuera!
  • Options
    bmcco010bmcco010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey guys if you want some in sight to a template  for my wedding day design go to we tv or youtube and google Christina and Ed season 2 of my fair wedding with david tutera. You may not be able to find it but you will be able to buy it for $0.99 on itunes...check it out please and let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i personally think it may be a little too much considering all that's going on at the bottom. If you do opt for one I would choose a shorter once that doesnt go too far past the center of your back. But you never know! I would definitely try different styles on with the dress so you have a better idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the mantilla would clash with the dress.. a little too much going on in the bottom and you already have 2 kinds of fabric.. however i've seen veils that have a satin border similar to that of your dress that I think would look beautiful! Remember you don't want to take attention off your gown the vial is meant only as an accessory :) hope it helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards