Idaho

Bridal Shower Themes

I need help. My sister is planning my bridal shower and we want to pick a theme that will make it hard for my friends to bring me inappropriate gifts. I'll be having his family there and they are very conservative and I don't want them to be embarrassed by their gifts. So what will be a good theme to do to help prevent naughtiness. :)

Re: Bridal Shower Themes

• raamf2010raamf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister just asked me the same question and here is what we came up with. Kitchen themed. . . . or any type of home theme (this way guests buy items off your registry to match the theme.  Or you could pick your favorite kind or food. Italian themed. My sister avoided Hawaiian(our honeymoon destination and anything that would evoke bedroom/naughty gifts. She is also making sure she has a structed plan of action for the shower itself which I really admired.

Hope this helped some!  But inevitably most of the naughty gifts come out if you are having a bachelorette party.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow - what friends.  Wouldn't it be smart just to let them know that it is a 'family' event and to hold off on the risque' items for a later, private time.  I would think that your friends would understand this and respect you wishes.

Themes:  Travel / Home / Yard / Garden / Toga (jk)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards