Kentucky
Options

Lexington brides...where did you register?

So I'm in an odd position where both of us have owned our own places. I will be moving in with him, but when we combine all our appliances etc. there's not a whole lot lacking.

We need very little in the way of china (I've got a lovely Theodore Haviland set and some depression glass I inherited from my grandmother for the "good china"), linens (we might need some curtains) or pots and pans and the like.

I love the stuff at Pier 1 but alas, they don't do wedding registry anymore.

So where did you guys register? Give me some ideas. :)
Anniversary

Re: Lexington brides...where did you register?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used bed bath and beyond.  We didn't need a whole lot for the house either, but decided to go ahead anyway. We are going to be getting new and matching things as well as a lot of little things we didn't have before. They also have some decor type stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we talked about there.

...how do you even let people know where you registered? Lol, I'm rather bad at all this I think.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you possibly upgrade appliances and linens? Bed Bath and Beyond is always nice, as well as Macy's and Crate and Barrell. I'm not sure if you have C&B there though.

You can always do a small registry and then people will be inclined to give you cash. As far as letting people know where you're registered, the proper etiquette for that is to spread by word of mouth. If you're doing a wedding website you can put the information on there. People usually know the top places to search for people.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we used bed bath...and macy's and found that macy's gave us 10 percent back on a card for all items purchased from our registry.  they have the same stuff plus some and the associates were pleasant and very helpful.  wish we would have been to macy's first .
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry it has taken so long for me ot get back to you.
       We posted where we were registered on our wedsite as well as some online coupon sites for those who wanted to shop online, but Bed Bath and Beyond also gave us cards with our registry number on them to put in the invites.

We also get a completion discount so that all the stuff people didn't buy for us is cheaper if we want to go on and buy it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards