Hawaii

Elope to Hawaii? HELP, I'm lost

Hey guys,

My fiance and I have been engaged & planning our "wedding" now for almost 10 months.  We had the whole she-bang planned for Las Vegas, a "destination" wedding but we were taking a whole bunch of guests.  However, now, unpreventable circumstances are forcing us to change everything.  So now we are thinking of eloping, just the two of us and Hawaii is one of our choices. 

I'm totally lost!  Its hard to have a wedding planned completely in one place and then be forced to scratch those plans and start over.

So I need some help please?!  We are interested in having a nice wedding, not necessarily on the beach, just the two of us.  We would ideally like the ceremony to be outside at sunset though.  I'll also need hair and makeup recommendations and photographer recommendations. 

Any help you could offer would be great.  We would (of course) like all of this to be as inexpensive as possible. 

Thanks
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Elope to Hawaii? HELP, I'm lost

• Congrats, and sometimes things happen for a reason, I think Hawaii is a great choice. I'll be there in a little less then 3 weeks for my wedding. If you are looking at maui, check out simple maui weddings. This is the company I'm using as I'm having a very simple beach wedding with only 7 guests. The owner of the company is the photographer her name is karma hill, I love her work. You also get the assistance of a coordinator when you book with them, her name is marissa and has been so helpful via email with all my questions. Check them out!! It will make ur planning so easy.
  • if you are planning on Oahu, you can try Hawaii Weddings and Event, they also do beach weddings and will get your permit for you.
  • I haven't narrowed it down to a specific island just yet.  I've been to Hawaii several times over the years and visitied all islands except Molokai and honestly I'll probably go with whichever island has the best options.  Thanks guys for all your suggestions, I'll keep these in mind.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Husband and I eloped to Maui this past July, just the two of us.  If it's just the two of you I would say you could def plan it without a coordinator.  I did and I had never been to Hawaii before.  You will find the ladies on this board extremely helpful.   I would be happy to talk to you more about this or help you with any specific questions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_vendor-reviews-wlink-to-pictures

This is a link to my vendor review (think I posted the link correctly).  Let me know if you have any questions.  They were all reasonably priced and I would recommend any of them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Really sorry to hear that you had to change your plans. 
    I completely understand the change and how hard it is. We changed from having a big wedding at home to our Maui beach wedding. This was all by choice and it just felt right. Well right after we made the change and set a date my daughter annouced her engagement and pending move across the country so she wanted to get married in less than 5 months, at our old venue. I also got a big project at work which would not allow me to leave my job for more than a few days. Basically fly to Maui get married and fly back a day or two later. My point is that it was really hard but finacially with her wedding and the time with work we just knew we had to change the date and make some adjustments. We leave in 9 days and I stil lcan't believe its right around the corner. 
    The gals here are amazing and have a wealth of information. We have planned our whole wedding without a WC and we have never been to HI.  Most of my information and planning has been done with the help of the HI Brides. 
    We are staying in condos for the wedding week to cut down on the lodging. Going during a down time so this helped with some of the air costs. HI is expensive but you can find deals. 
    Just let us know how you are going to proceed and some of the brides for that island can help with any questions that you might have. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_elope-to-hawaii-help-im-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:5d2e1763-f9bf-40b2-9248-e20fed1ff03bPost:357199dc-c5c1-47e1-ac2c-ec0ff3e0ce3a">Re: Elope to Hawaii? HELP, I'm lost</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really sorry to hear that you had to change your plans.  I completely understand the change and how hard it is. We changed from having a big wedding at home to our Maui beach wedding. This was all by choice and it just felt right. Well right after we made the change and set a date my daughter annouced her engagement and pending move across the country so she wanted to get married in less than 5 months, at our old venue. I also got a big project at work which would not allow me to leave my job for more than a few days. Basically fly to Maui get married and fly back a day or two later. My point is that it was really hard but finacially with her wedding and the time with work we just knew we had to change the date and make some adjustments. We leave in 9 days and I stil lcan't believe its right around the corner.  The gals here are amazing and have a wealth of information. We have planned our whole wedding without a WC and we have never been to HI.  Most of my information and planning has been done with the help of the HI Brides.  We are staying in condos for the wedding week to cut down on the lodging. Going during a down time so this helped with some of the air costs. HI is expensive but you can find deals.  Just let us know how you are going to proceed and some of the brides for that island can help with any questions that you might have. 
    Posted by FSForever[/QUOTE]

Hello -  I'm new to the board and ran across your post.  I'm curious on what you decided?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards