Arizona-Tucson
Options

Bridesmaid dress opinion..

Would knee length BMaid dresses would be appropriate for an October 1st wedding? I want my MOH and maids to be able to wear their dress again if they wanted to, and it seems like a knee length dress would make it a lot more sense than a floor length dress. Yes, we all live in Az so weather premits, but I don't know if it would be breaking any formality rules, ya know? Thanks all!

Re: Bridesmaid dress opinion..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think the month would dictate the formality as much as the venue etc.  If its appropriate for the venue, then why not?  I've seen tons of BM dresses that look really formal and fancy and are knee length!
  • Options
    jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what jenny said, I think knee length would be perfect for October 1st weather, since it was still in the 90's if I recall correctly. I think knee length bridesmaid dresses CAN look less formal, but it depends on the style. Also, you want to make sure the bridesmaid dresses look good next to your dress. I would think about it more in terms of how everything looks together as a whole. If it helps any... My dress ended up being super traditional and formal, and I still wanted shorter dresses because I wanted them to be wear-again. But I left the decision up to my girls, and they were actually more comfortable and felt more like bridesmaids in the longer dresses, and we found a dress that had very similar embroidery to my dress. 

Don't over think it, let it be kind of an organic process. It will come together. And definitely let your bridesmaids have some say.
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sheighksheighk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Knee length is fine for October, there's no rule against it.  I'm going to do tea-length dresses for my bm because I feel like it looks more formal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards