July 2012 Weddings
Options

OMG THE Dress!!! PIP

OK, I have to make this quick because American Idol has recorded far enough that my FI is going to have a fit if we don't start watching it soon.

So, I thought I had found THE dress already, but I hadn't actually gone anywhere to try on dresses, had just looked online.  So, my FI strongly encouraged me to go to this bridal shop today just to look and see.  I was not at all prepared for this and had on jeans and well, I don't wear anything else with my jeans so I made him take me to Ross (the only thing nearby) to get a pair because I knew I wouldn't be alone in the dressing room.

We get there and don't have an appointment, but they didn't have anyone in at the moment and they were very sweet and I described the dress I had already decided on and they said they didn't carry that designer, but said I was free to look at what they did have.  So, we poked around a bit and I was really not feeling it until I decided to go ahead and try one on.

I liked it, but didn't LOVE it so I tried on another.  This one fit better because it was closer to my size, but still not convinced to give up my first dress choice.  There was one more by the same designer that had the same feel as the other two, but was twice what I had originally planned to pay.  I decided to go ahead and try it on for the heck of it and no sooner did she zip me up than the waterworks started.  I thought those stories were total crap and I would never in a million years tear up at the site of myself in a dress, but I was sorely mistaken!

It was a good thing he did drag me in because we found out that we have to order this week on a rush in order to get it in time.  I go back Thursday for the measurements and such.  I'm going to change the neckline to a deeper sweetheart and maybe add a belt, too.  I'm also going to have them make it less fluffy so it's more of a true a-line than a ballgown.  I figure the money I saved on the venue will more than makeup for extra on the dress and I'm still in my budget overall.

Here's my dress, it's a Casablanca 2051 and the other is the 2053 that has the neckline and belt I want to add to it.  I'm off to sit through American Idol :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: OMG THE Dress!!! PIP

• Options
    That's beautiful! Yeah, I cried a bit at my dress too. It was how I knew that was the dress I should get. It makes the selection process easier! :) Congrats!
  • Options
    wow, love it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    yay!  Its beautiful!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! That is a beautiful dress and I love the neckline you are changing it to.

Anniversary
  • Options
    That is beautiful. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! :)

Shatzi, I'm doing the neckline and the belt from the second one.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    It's so beautiful, congrats! I'm a Casablanca bride too, I love their dresses!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_omg-the-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:49fa35ee-b04b-469b-953c-5317aa611ca5Post:252d2542-6e37-4b05-ac39-4837edcf05da">OMG THE Dress!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, I have to make this quick because American Idol has recorded far enough that my FI is going to have a fit if we don't start watching it soon. So, I thought I had found THE dress already, but I hadn't actually gone anywhere to try on dresses, had just looked online.  So, my FI strongly encouraged me to go to this bridal shop today just to look and see.  I was not at all prepared for this and had on jeans and well, I don't wear anything else with my jeans so I made him take me to Ross (the only thing nearby) to get a pair because I knew I wouldn't be alone in the dressing room. We get there and don't have an appointment, but they didn't have anyone in at the moment and they were very sweet and I described the dress I had already decided on and they said they didn't carry that designer, but said I was free to look at what they did have.  So, we poked around a bit and I was really not feeling it until I decided to go ahead and try one on. I liked it, but didn't LOVE it so I tried on another.  This one fit better because it was closer to my size, but still not convinced to give up my first dress choice.  There was one more by the same designer that had the same feel as the other two, but was twice what I had originally planned to pay.  I decided to go ahead and try it on for the heck of it and no sooner did she zip me up than the waterworks started.  I thought those stories were total crap and I would never in a million years tear up at the site of myself in a dress, but I was sorely mistaken! It was a good thing he did drag me in because we found out that we have to order this week on a rush in order to get it in time.  I go back Thursday for the measurements and such.  I'm going to change the neckline to a deeper sweetheart and maybe add a belt, too.  I'm also going to have them make it less fluffy so it's more of a true a-line than a ballgown.  I figure the money I saved on the venue will more than makeup for extra on the dress and I'm still in my budget overall. Here's my dress, it's a Casablanca 2051 and the other is the 2053 that has the neckline and belt I want to add to it.  I'm off to sit through American Idol :)
    Posted by xobride[/QUOTE]

I am a Casablanca bride too!!!  I got style #1904 however I had a dramatic sweetheart neckline added and it came out amazing!!!  Congrats on finding your dress :)

here is mine.

<a href="http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/2/36" rel="nofollow">http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/2/36</a>#
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Very Pretty!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Pretty! It looks a bit like my dress :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LADY324 - That's a gorgeous dress!  I'm not usually a fan of drop waists, but the way they did that one is stunning!

ceglare4 - Which style number?  I'd love to see it!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Beautiful!  Congrats!

I'm a Casablanca bride, too  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    omg...it is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations! I am not a Casablanca bride, but I am also having my straight across neckline made into a sweetheart top. It is supposed to be a very easy fix for seamstresses.

I especially love the way the lace falls at the bottom of the dress - so pretty!
  • Options
    k888 - Which style are you wearing?

butterflyjumper - Thanks :)  That's the main reason that I'm getting that one rather than the one below it because it doesn't have the lace edge or as much on the bottom half of the dress.  Which dress did you pick? 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_omg-the-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:49fa35ee-b04b-469b-953c-5317aa611ca5Post:ffef325e-824d-4297-9f6d-bbb16a9176cb">Re: OMG THE Dress!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]LADY324 - That's a gorgeous dress!  I'm not usually a fan of drop waists, but the way they did that one is stunning! ceglare4 - Which style number?  I'd love to see it!

Mine is 1992!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    It's so beautiful!
  • Options
    butterflyjumper - I LOVE that!  I really like the way it drapes back and forth, especially on the bottom part.

ceglare4 - That's gorgeous! I love the hem and the way the bodice wraps at the top.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_omg-the-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:49fa35ee-b04b-469b-953c-5317aa611ca5Post:39fb319d-039b-4af5-94c4-22a6fd230665">Re: OMG THE Dress!!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]k888 - Which style are you wearing?

Mine is 1936 and I also ordered it with a more dramatic sweetheart neckline  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    k888 - LOVE the bottom lace and the detail under the bust.  Gorgeous!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Love your dress! Congrats!! :)
  • Options
    LOVE it, its beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im casablanca too...#1878!!!!
  • Options
    Very nice!!! I actually went to try on a Maggie Sottero (Lorie) dress but it did not fit me well at all. I tried the one you bought and ended up chosing #1827:

...only I'm adding straps to mine. I'm not tall in the torso so it sits higher on me and I  think looks better with straps. 

~ES~
  • Options
    shelby - that is GORGEOUS!  I love the fitted bodice and the embroidery.

Eliz77 - that's BEAUTIFUL and very similar to mine.  I actually showed them a picture of this one to show them that I wanted mine to have the shape more of this one as a true A-line and not so poofy.  We decided to order that part as is and see how I like it when I can see it in my size and then take some out if I still feel like a wide load.  I also considered it as my neckline because it has that little patch in the middle so it isn't quite at low cut as a sweetheart, but still has the shape, but FI vetoed it LOL
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards