August 2012 Weddings

As of 8/17, I'm a Mrs! (PIP)

Oh my goodness, ladies! Oh. My. Goodness. I'm MARRIED! DH and I keep glancing at each other and giggling for no reason :)
Our day (August 17) was absolutely p-e-r-f-e-c-t. The sun was shining, it was warm but not hot, there was a silght breeze and not a cloud in the sky. I woke up around 5:30 and never got back to sleep. I was too excited! My BMs grabbed some breakfast and brought me a muffin, and we spent the rest of the morning showering, and cleaning up the champagne glasses and candy wrappers from the night before.
I spent some time running around from my mom's suite to the lobby to the ballroom trying to fix little problems people had, make sure we'd checked out of the night-before rooms and paying for the honeymoon cottage for the night-of. DH (who was still FI) aaaaalmost saw me once, but I saw him before he could catch a peek. I felt like a teenage girl hiding from her crush. :)
I met my dad in the lobby of the hotel, where we'd walk down the stairs, through the reception ballroom, and down the aisle on the patio. I think that was the most I cried that day; Dad surprised me by getting teary and telling me, "I'd give you advice, but you don't need any. You're marrying a great man."
As we walked through the ballroom, I could see my very-soon-to-be-husband through the big glass windows. He absolutely took my breath away. He was so handsome, and he looked so excited and happy. As I walked down the aisle, I tried to take notice of everyone who was there, but all that really mattered was the man standing in front of the arch.

His aunt married us, and the ceremony was absolutely perfect. My brother read my favorite love poem, "Unending Love" by Rabindranath Tagore, and that was actually the most I cried during the ceremony. We said "I do," exchanged the rings, and kissed... and we were officially husband and wife! :)

My new brother-in-law (one of DH's groomsmen) came up to us after we'd walked inside and smooched and was absolutely bawling. He said he was so happy for the both of us and so happy to have me as his new sister-in-law. Coming from a guy who never cries, it meant a lot.
We took about a million pictures, ate a really delicious dinner, and were toasted by my dad, the best man, and my MoH. Our first dance was to "Sparks" by Coldplay and was a chance for DH and I to just have a few blissful moments to talk and kiss and hug. :)
The cake was adorable, with our cake topper of otters holding hands. And it was delicious, too! Two layers of chocolate with bavarian cream and strawberries, two layers of vanilla with fresh raspberries.

We played the shoe game, which was fun and funny... I still don't know what some of DH's answers were, but our guests were certainly laughing! My MoH caught the bouquet (yippee!), and DH's cousin, who just turned six, caught the garter, which brought a lot of laughs from everybody.
We left early, around 10, because we were exhausted and ready to have some time to just hang out together. Our little honeymoon cottage was so cozy, and there was a bottle of red wine and a gift basket full of little goodies for us. I'm pretty sure it was the most romantic night of my life. :)
If any of you ladies (already married or about to be married) have questions, ask away. DH and I will go on our mini-moon tomorrow and be back Wednesday or Thursday, but I'll probably hang out on TK... after all, I have to read about everyone else's weddings! Laughing
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: As of 8/17, I'm a Mrs! (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards