Registry and Gift Forum

Help!! Shower gift thank you's

Yesterday I had my first and only bridal shower and got quite a few gifts (as you can imagine) but there is one thing I'm not sure about. 

For the thank-you cards, do I just sign my name or do I sign my fiance's name also? Does that change if the card was written to both of us?

I don't want to offend anyone but I do want to be etiquette appropriate.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Help!! Shower gift thank you's

• Correspondence of any sort should only be signed by the person who wrote the note.  To include your FI, saying something like, "FI and I were so excited to receive the 4-slice toaster - we will finally be able to toast at the same time! Love, Alison"

This also holds true for wedding thank you notes.  The person who writes the note signs the note.

All that said, if you have a guest who you feel would be offended or confused if you didn't sign it from both of you, sign it from both of you.  This isn't an etiquette rule that a huge number of people know.  

We stuck with the one person, one signature, with mention of the other method because I did know this rule and some of our guests do as well.  I am somebody who notices this type of thing but most people aren't.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wrote and signed all my shower notes myself, but when I wrote our wedding gift thank yous I had DH sign them as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Thank you all for your advice! 

@ hoffse, good luck with the wedding in less than 2 weeks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards