September 2013 Weddings

Wedding Wednesday

Friendor: (noun) a wedding vendor that is also a friend; half friend, half vendor.

Are you planning on having any friendors? What are the pros and cons? Are you treating these people more like friends or vendors? Discuss!
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• We are not having any friendors. Not because we don't want to, but more because we don't know anyone that does video, photography, and whatnot. I'm interested to see what you girls are doing! I think it would be difficult...what if you absolutely hated the outcome? Would your friendship suffer?
    Halloween
  • My sister wanted us to use her ex-boyfriend's video company.  I told her we'd be going in a different direction.  He's now no longer an ex but I would rather he attend as a guest than a vendor.

I just foresee way too much drama mixing it up.
  • We are thinking about asking a friend do our videography.  Nothing special, just a home movie style. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thedivavthedivav member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    My sorority sister will do my invites I think lol But I am just starting to plan really
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My cousin is a wedding photographer so we're using his services for the wedding.  I'm apprehensive a little bit just in case something would go wrong, but he's been at it for a while.  He also knows how important family is to me and that it's imperative I get good family shots.  So there is that positive as well. 

I work a 2nd job at an art center so I'm using one of the guitar instructors there to do our ceremony music on accoustic guitar.  He does wedding gigs all the time so I have absolutely no fear in hiring him at all. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Well I am using my FH's cousin as my photographer.  She is great and has been giving us extras to our package for no cost.  BUT she still hasn't gotten our engagement photos back and she is doing another cousins wedding which is a week and a day before mine.  Therefore since the engagement photos are delayed due to her doing 2 engagement photo sessions the same week ours is taking a lot longer.  I have a feeling my wedding photos are going to take a very long time to get back!
  • I considered using FI's cousin-in-law to do our engagement (he's done them before and they were gorg) and wedding photos, but now FI's schedue doesn't really permit engagement shots :(.  I might be able to sneak them in at some point, but not in the timeframe we'd originally expected.

I changed my mind a while ago about using him for wedding pics.  I love him to pieces and he's such a blast to be around, so I'd rather just have him as a guest who can kick back with the rest of us.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MY photographer and videographer are "friendors" because my FI used to be in the videography business. They have worked together on various occasions. While I will invite them as guests, I have no doubts that they are going to do an excellent job. Also, they will have employees doing the majority of the work for them so that they can enjoy themselves too.
  • I've got a friendor!  My photographer is a friend through a friend.  Photography has been her trade since forever so she is def a professional.  I've actually assisted for her before so I know how she works.  She's all business when it comes to getting the perfect shot but I have a feeling I'll sway her to have a drink with me on the big day.  (1 drink, not hammered. :D )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I do not want a photographer... Would rather have videographer But am considering hiring a friend of my little brother who takes photos as a hobby just to snag a few here and there of everyone together not have a photographer means someone would always not be in the picture because they would take it. If I do hire him though I just want the pics on a flash drive and won't expect much I just don't want to spend that much money on a book of pictures that will sit On a shelf and almost never be looked at... At least with video I can have the sounds of peoples voices and things for when they pass lots of my family is very old
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh had I read responses fort I would have included that nephew Will be playing his sax during the ceremony... I didn't have to ask he volunteered... He is 9 and originally when he heard his sister was the flower girl got in his head he could play his sax in the wedding and has already started practicing even though it is a year out. At first I wasn't sure I wanted it but now his heart is set on it AND he is pretty good especially for being as young as he is
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I may have a friend or two as bartenders. I had a girl I worked with who isn't a super close friend offer to bartend and she has 10 years experience so as long as she is still okay with doing it I am all for saving the $. I still plan on paying her around $100 and putting up a tip jar for her as well. Here a bartenders service usually costs around $250, so we would save $150!

February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh and also buying a nice HD video cam and asking a friend or family member to video tape the ceremony for us.
    February Siggy Challenge... Honeymoon Destination:
    Honeymoon Cabin in the Smokey Mountains
    Gatlinburg, TN
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am utterly and completely mad at the world once a month. It sucks. I have to check the calendar if I get pussed about something in order to figure out if I'll be ok tomorrow or still pissed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using a friendor, our videographer. She's a family friend of FI's and has done every wedding videography video of FI's family. At first I didn't want to hire her company because I wanted her to be a guest instead of a vendor, but FI was admant about having someone who knows us personally as he thinks the product will be more personal. He used them when he proposed and the video turned out amazing. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards