Delaware

Ceremony Music Finalized!!!

ok... So this may be sooooooooo clashy but.... I don't even care.. I am sooo excited!

The FI's cousin is playing the violin for our ceremony. He lives in Cali so this is a big deal.

For when the guests are arriving I wanted to do something fairytale - and what better way to do that than to have all of my favorite disney love songs???

Beauty and The Beast - from Beauty and the Beast duhhh :)
A Whole New World - from Aladdin
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes - from Cinderella
Can You Feel the Love Tonight - from the Lion King
Kiss the Girl - from the Little Mermaid

The Ceremony Songs I've decided to dedicate to my FI. One of his favorite movies is Stand by Me. (it is one of my favs too)

Mother/Grandmother entrance -  "Every Day" by Buddy Holly
Groom/GroomsMan - "Come Go With Me" by The Del Vikings
Bridesmaids/Flower girl - "Lollipop" by The Chordettes
MEEEE - "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King
Recessional - Yakety Yak - by The Coasters

What do you think?? and please lie to me if you hate it! haha
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ceremony Music Finalized!!!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on the ceremony musician!!!  That is so exciting.  While Disney songs aren't exactly my style for my wedding (even though I love all those songs and think they are so classic), I think its great you are doing what you want!!!!  Who really cares what anyone thinks? 
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    aww, i love them. And I'm not lying to you.

My aunt and uncle did a kinda disney music type theme to their music/wedding without being too disney.

It's nice to see someone not going with the traditional cannon in D. FI and I are big country buffs, so we've got a bunch of country songs lined up. My goal is to suprise him with my entrance song... 'waitin' on a woman. He's one of the biggest Brad Paisley fans I've ever met; he actually looks very much like him. So, it's been an ongoing joke that since they grew up 50 miles from each other, and their grandfathers were stationed at the same bases together in the army, the they're related somehow. Hence, the 'all because two people fell in love' quote on the std's and the aisle runner.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Paprika- our first dance was a Brad song.  We did "then" :)
  • edited December 2011

MBR- Our first dance is a Clay Walker song- I'd love to be your last. I love 'Then'... it was the first song we danced to. In my kitchen, after I fed him a dinner of homemade 'hamburger helper' type dinner.

True romantics, I know.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahahaha... the way to my FI's heart is hamburger helper!  My FI lovesssssss the stuff!!! I can't go wrong! lol...   

Thanks ladies! I like the fact that all of the songs will be played on a violin so they will sound a little more elegant but still recognizable. I don't think I could go with the disney thing if it was the actual songs... I gave the list to Oliver (the cousin) yesterday and he was just so THRILLED to be playing the disney songs... hehehehe.... 

and Paprika - I can see a hint of brad paisley! I think it's so cool about the story and how he looks like him. I like country but older country - like 90's haha. I used to love it when I was younger but I don't know any newer stuff.. When I was 6 I was going to marry Garth Brooks... hehe. that didn't happen.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I have a picture of them side by side when Brad was younger; they're almost identical. I'll post it in a few when I find it.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards