Florida-West Coast
Options

Wedding Coordinator

So, I found and met with a wedding coordinator who seems fantastic.  She sent me the contract today, and it states that I would need to pay her the full amount with the contract of $500 (keep in mind this is a day of coordinator).  My fiance doesn't like that she requires all of the money now for an event that is 9 months away.  What is normal for this sort of thing?  What do you guys think?
November 2012 Brides December Siggy - THE RING! imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Coordinator

• Options
    edited February 2012
    So, I found and met with a wedding coordinator who seems fantastic.  She sent me the contract today, and it states that I would need to pay her the full amount with the contract of $500 (keep in mind this is a day of coordinator).  My fiance doesn't like that she requires all of the money now for an event that is 9 months away.  What is normal for this sort of thing?  What do you guys think?
    November 2012 Brides December Siggy - THE RING! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kelnash89kelnash89 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Do NOT pay it all up front. What incentive does she have to keep providing you good service. Or to even show up that day?

I would offer to pay half now and half the day of the wedding. 

Make sure you talk to some of her past clients before you sign. I picked a photographer blindly and it has come back to bite me in the butt. 
  • Options
    NO WAY!  Pay her a deposit and pay the balance right before the wedding AND make sure you read all her reviews on weddingwire.com or ask us for suggestions.  There are some great, good, mediocre, and not what you want out there.

Better safe than sorry!
  • Options

No.  My coordinator only required 1/2 of the payment up front. 

I agree with PP, make sure you read reviews!

• Options
    I had to pay my coordinator all up front, but that was because I got her day of coordination package through a Wedding Channel deal of the day...so, it was only $300. Even though she had the money up front, she did an absolutely FABULOUS job! I did a lot of DIY stuff, including making my own centerpieces, and she took all my decor visions and made them happen! I couldn't have set it all up, gotten ready and been at the ceremony on time, so she was a lifesaver! I did give her a good tip, so that's always an incentive for planners to do a good job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards