Catholic Weddings

Eucharistic Ministers

Hi ladies. I was wondering...my priest asked us if we had any Eucharistic ministers in our families that would serve this role during our ceromony. I guess I never thought of this....but we don't. And Msgr. would only be able to do one kind by himself, I'm assuming the bread. And I would prefer to have both kinds. Has this ever come up with any of you in your planning? 
Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Eucharistic Ministers

• edited December 2011
    Talk to him about it.  It will also depend on how many will be receiving at your wedding.  Our priest said that we wouldn't need anyone else, but that if it was important to us, he didn't mind.

If you don't have anyone, they can ask someone from your church, but I would imagine it would be courteous to then invite them to your reception.
    Anniversary

• doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents wanted to be the eucharistic ministers, so that took care of that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm blessed that my aunt and uncle are Catholic and EMs at their parish in New Mexico...so they're serving that role at our wedding.

Linda
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FIL is a eucharistic minister so we didn't have an issue.

Are you sure that no one in your family or close to you is?  Could you possibly ask a Eucharistic minister at your church?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We had our good friends from church (husband and wife) be our Eucharistic ministers as well as our Deacon's wife.
  • edited December 2011
    my sister & BIL and my FIL were the Eucharistic Ministers for our wedding.  But we had about 300 people at the Mass, and 98% of them were Catholic...
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Well, about 3/4 of our guests are Catholic, but our total invite list is only 160. So maybe Msgr. can just handle it by himself? I'm positive that no one in my family is currently an EM, and 95% sure for my fiance's side. Most of his family lives in the Philippines. I think our only option would be to ask someone at our Church if they would be willing to help us at our ceremony. Which may be a little awkward, since we don't know any of them personally. I think I'll just speak with him and see what he thinks. I guess if he's not worried, I shouldnt be either. I've just never been to a wedding mass in which they didn't have both the body and blood..even though I know they are not both required.
  • edited December 2011
    What about a friend or just have the priest ask during Mass itself?  I
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Our priest actually asked my FI and I if we wanted to be eucharistic ministers during our wedding. I've never been to a wedding where this has happened, but our priest says that he has done numerous weddings this way and he thinks that it is so great. If that is appealing to you, maybe you could be bring it up to your officiant?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_eucharistic-ministers-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:e751eb8c-5d82-465d-bc00-c520308b1d67Post:a4e7bc23-2091-4d64-84cb-2f9640293f39">Re: Eucharistic Ministers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our priest actually asked my FI and I if we wanted to be eucharistic ministers during our wedding. I've never been to a wedding where this has happened, but our priest says that he has done numerous weddings this way and he thinks that it is so great. If that is appealing to you, maybe you could be bring it up to your officiant?
    Posted by enshanley[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>ooh. This is an interesting idea. I'll just see what Msgr. says. I tend to obsess about things that really aren't too serious. =/

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards