Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination wedding in Costa Rica- Looking for suggestions

Hi all!  I am looking for suggestions on all inclusive resorts in Costa Rica to have a destination wedding.  Has anyone been to Costa Rica that can offer suggestions on general areas of the country that are better to stay at than others?  We are looking for a resort on the beach, that has access to or is close to rainforests, volcanos, zip line tours, horseback riding, white water rafting.  Thanks!

Re: Destination wedding in Costa Rica- Looking for suggestions

• Hi! Welcome to the board!! I just got married at the Hilton Papagayo in the guanacste region of Costa Rica.  It's an all inclusive beach resort.  I don't have a married bio with my pictures but here's a link to the photo share site from my wedding and my planning bio is in my siggy!  Glad to see another Costa Rica bride on here!!
    http://kristenandkevin2010.shutterfly.com/pictures

We got married there, and then went to a different part of the country (La Fortuna by the Arenal Volcano) for our honeymoon.  That is where we had all of our tours, but everyone else stayed at the hotel and were still able to get lots of tours in from there. 
    GL and happy planning  :)
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi!

Another CR bride-to-be here. We are looking at 2012.

Not sure of our location yet.

Kristen, what did you think of your photograhper? Had trouble accessing your photo site. I think it is on my end though.

Thanks!

Shannon

• L-O-V-E-D my photog!!

They were great to work with... I think I have a link to his website in my bio, but if not just google edolopez and he should come right up.

here... try this, I don't know if it will be any better but it might be.
    :)
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • There are a few good all-inclusive resorts in Costa Rica that I have stayed at and can recommend.  Most are located in the Guanacaste, or northern Pacific coastal areas.  The closest and easiest airport to fly into is Liberia.  If you want to see volcanos, zip-line or raft it will be a bit of a drive, but you get to enjoy beautiful scenery. I have spent many years in CR, know the country quite well and planned my own beach wedding in 2009. Family and friends keep asking if we can have the same week long fiesta as a yearly tradition! They all created great memories. I would suggest you hire a planner, or someone to help organize and make sure all your vendors are reliable.  I'd be happy to share more info, just send me an email.  Hope all your planning goes well!!

• That linked worked. You were a gorgeous bride and your wedding looked so beautiful and intimate. Perfection. =) Thanks so much!

Shannon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards