Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Non-Traditional Father/Daughter Song

I know this post is done to death, but I can't find anything in the boards or online that fits what I am looking for. My dad and I are fairly close, but I have always been more of a tom-boy than a girly-girl. For example, he and I would build stuff in his shop rather than have tea parties and such. I am looking for a classic rock or older song that we could use for the father/daughter dance. My dad is a big guy with a bunch of tattoos, but he is a big baby at heart. I'm just trying to find something that fits his tough exterior, but soft interior. HELP!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Non-Traditional Father/Daughter Song

• Options
    heva15heva15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we ended up picking 'i loved her first' by heartland

it took me like three weeks to find something i liked and that he and my mom liked too.  goodluck. 

did you look at james taylor?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "In My Life" by The Beatles. (There's always the Johnny Cash version as well, which I prefer.) 

My dad and I are dancing to "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts.
    March 2012 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon - Undecided (NYC or DC)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eh, my dad really isn't a country or James Taylor kind of guy. As of right now "You are so beautiful" by Joe Cocker is the forn runner. I'm going to keep looking, but at least I know that one works if I don't find anything else.

Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Blackbird by the Beatles?  
  • Options
    BrinleyjaneBrinleyjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Crazy Love" by Van Morrison is one of my favorites but it might be a little "heavy" if you know what I mean for a father/dance song...but it would be perfect for a first dance song IMO. 

"Bleed to Love Her" by Fleetwood Mac is also good but IDK again I'm getting these all from my potential first dance songs so it might be a little "much" for father/daughter..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have selected a song that is attached to a memory as opposed to a standard/safe song choice.  Dad and I will be dancing to "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young. We would turn it up real loud and dance to it in the living room when I was young. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out gracie girl by ben folds.  it's what i chose for me and my dad to dance to (it made me cry, so i knew it was the one!)
  • Options
    myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said he wasnt real big on country... but there there's a song called "tough little boys" by gary allen. it shows exactly what you want ;)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a wedding last year where the bride and her father danced to the Ghostbusters theme.  It was pretty fun and obviously meant a lot to them.  have you asked your dad if he has any ideas?

My dad picked and I didn't know till I got on the dance floor.  He picked Tim McGraw's My Little Girl and I was just bawling the whole time. It pretty much a stereotypical father daughter song and really corny but it was really beautiful and meant a lot that he picked it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards