Florida-South Florida
Options

appetizer choices question

FI and I are divided on whether to do 5 passed hors d'oeuvres or 4 passed and one stationary (either a multi-cheese display or a baked brie with strawberries and french bread).

Our space is upstairs of the Westin Colonnade Rotunda, a circular space where I have heard it is difficult to get to pass hors d'ouvres because the servers all come from the same area and hardly ever make it to the other corner. That's why I would be for the baked brie. FI thinks people should mingle and if they're hungry they should go chase the servers. :)

What would you do? :)

Re: appetizer choices question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i see your point about the waiters not getting to the other side of the room, but i would sit down and have a talk with them and be like "listen. do your job. get these hors douvres to the other side of the room. k thanks." lol. i would rather have 5 passed ones than 4 and a station. JMO. 
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also say five passed, because I feel that at most events people hardly touch those cheese displays. I love cheese, but I'll be the first one to say I don't eat from those displays, the passed hors d'ouvres are so much tastier.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

at the past 3 weddings I went to both FI and I ate mostly off the stations. I would hate for my guests to chase down food and be hungry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jackiec11jackiec11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah if theres hors d'ouvres most people wont even touch the cheese.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say 4 passed and 1 stationed b/c my sister got married where you are getting married and the servers never really got around to me. I barely ate 1 horsd.

I think it'll be easier with at least the 1 station
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Baked Brie is so yummy so that and 4 passed got my vote!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love baked brie so that got my vote.  I wouldn't want to chase down servers and I am a huge cheese freak so I would eat from the stationary display.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at the WC and we are going with the passed hors d's and a station.  I love baked brie and I think it's much different than a regular cheese station.  I also plan on having a talk w/Ivette at the Colonnade's about the server issue if we wind up having the cocktail reception on the 2nd level of the Rotunda. We might have it in a ballroom if it's free.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely will eat the cheese!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BAKED BRIE! That sounds amazIng! It's kind of the best of both worlds. You'll have passed and a station and I think that's perfect.

I ate like 2 passed hors at my wedding and I wish there was a cheese station. I would have been storing that stuff in my cheeks like a chipmunk!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went to a wedding at the Westin Colonnade this past Sunday.  Their cocktail hour was on the terrace/pool area and they had passed hors d'oeuvres and a baked brie station.  You gotta get the brie, it was delish!  It was sooo good I'm gonna try to make one for our NYE getty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards