Maryland

Venue indecision: Silver Swan Bayside, Celebrations on the Bay, Herrington on the Bay

Out of these three, has anyone had experiences with any of them? All of them? Any suggestions? We got the costs all about the same, but we can't really decide. They all have good and not so good points. Any input would be really helpful!! Again, out of these three:

Silver Swan Bayside
Celebrations on the Bay
Herrington on the Bay

Thanks!

Re: Venue indecision: Silver Swan Bayside, Celebrations on the Bay, Herrington on the Bay

• Since the costs are about the same, compare them on the intangibles. Which reps did you feel more comfortable with and confident in? Did one venue give you a better overall feeling? Which one is more convenient for you and your guests? Did any of the spaces better coordinate with your color palette? Who has better food reviews?
  • I just had my wedding at Herrington on the Bay (September 1st -- Yippee) and it was absolutely beautiful and fabulous.  AND they were super great about working with us to stay within our budget. 

Michael was our Event Designer and we love him -- he was great to work with and took care of me every step of the way -- even when I was going into bride meltdown mode in the last weeks before the wedding.  If you visit there -- definitely, work with Michael and you'll be in great hands -- he even answered a couple of emails after midnight from home.

Brittany was our Event Coordinator and she was absolutely fantastic as well.  She saw to every detail of my reception and made sure that everything went flawlessly for my reception.

Together they worked to make our day as stree free and fun as possible.  Highly recommend Herrington on the Bay.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_venue-indecision-silver-swan-bayside-celebrations-on-the-bay-herrington-on-the-bay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:7eb4e28a-7505-4169-83d9-f907a769c7a6Post:aca0f95a-e708-43f3-ae54-2a1935a82ebe">Re: Venue indecision: Silver Swan Bayside, Celebrations on the Bay, Herrington on the Bay</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since the costs are about the same, compare them on the intangibles. Which reps did you feel more comfortable with and confident in? Did one venue give you a better overall feeling? Which one is more convenient for you and your guests? Did any of the spaces better coordinate with your color palette? Who has better food reviews?
    Posted by LoveKiss[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Reps all seemed pretty good. No idea which one we felt more comfotable at, or with an overall feel... I don't know about the food. I'm not sure how to look up ratings particularly on their food, but that's something I'll try to do. Thanks for the reply ^_^</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_venue-indecision-silver-swan-bayside-celebrations-on-the-bay-herrington-on-the-bay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:7eb4e28a-7505-4169-83d9-f907a769c7a6Post:3a7cb423-8bb1-466f-8554-7b31034d4459">Re: Venue indecision: Silver Swan Bayside, Celebrations on the Bay, Herrington on the Bay</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just had my wedding at Herrington on the Bay (September 1st -- Yippee) and it was absolutely beautiful and fabulous.  AND they were super great about working with us to stay within our budget.  Michael was our Event Designer and we love him -- he was great to work with and took care of me every step of the way -- even when I was going into bride meltdown mode in the last weeks before the wedding.  If you visit there -- definitely, work with Michael and you'll be in great hands -- he even answered a couple of emails after midnight from home. Brittany was our Event Coordinator and she was absolutely fantastic as well.  She saw to every detail of my reception and made sure that everything went flawlessly for my reception. Together they worked to make our day as stree free and fun as possible.  Highly recommend Herrington on the Bay.
    Posted by meesenplace[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I actually saw this post on another board... lol. But thank you. The fact that you dealt with Michael and that he was good helped. I originally scheduled an appointment with him for a Sunday, but for some reason he scheduled me on his day off, and another woman took over. She was nice and all, but didn't seem terribly inviting. Mind if I asked you how they worked with you on price? We're definitely trying to keep a budget. How did the garden look on September 1st? Do you have pictures that I might be able to see? lol sorry ^_^ We're thinking September 5th. Strangely, we also wanted to do September 1st next year! It's our anniversay. Unfortunately it's just too expensive for that holiday weekend :( We're doing a Thursday, which is saving us a lot of money. We're concerned with how the garden looks though, so if you have any other advice and if you have some good garden pictures I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!

</div>

• I don't know how much anything costs but I've been to a wedding at Celebrations on the Bay and it was wonderful.
    Hope it helps
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_venue-indecision-silver-swan-bayside-celebrations-on-the-bay-herrington-on-the-bay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:7eb4e28a-7505-4169-83d9-f907a769c7a6Post:b1979d3c-587a-4c92-bf00-16957fa184fa">Re: Venue indecision: Silver Swan Bayside, Celebrations on the Bay, Herrington on the Bay</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Venue indecision: Silver Swan Bayside, Celebrations on the Bay, Herrington on the Bay : I actually saw this post on another board... lol. But thank you. The fact that you dealt with Michael and that he was good helped. I originally scheduled an appointment with him for a Sunday, but for some reason he scheduled me on his day off, and another woman took over. She was nice and all, but didn't seem terribly inviting. Mind if I asked you how they worked with you on price? We're definitely trying to keep a budget. How did the garden look on September 1st? Do you have pictures that I might be able to see? lol sorry ^_^ We're thinking September 5th. Strangely, we also wanted to do September 1st next year! It's our anniversay. Unfortunately it's just too expensive for that holiday weekend :( We're doing a Thursday, which is saving us a lot of money. We're concerned with how the garden looks though, so if you have any other advice and if you have some good garden pictures I'd really appreciate it. Thank you!
    Posted by yanamari[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you can request to work with Michael.  When he first met with us, we told him what our budget was and as we put our menu together he showed us how to make the right choices to keep us within that budget.  For example, we wanted crabcakes but as an entree it would be too expensive so Michael made the recommendation that we do crabcakes as an appetizer which would be much less expensive.  We still had crabcakes on the menu but saved $$.
    The garden was absolutely spectacular in September -- they do a fantastic job landscaping and the flowers and palm trees are beautiful.
    I hope everything works out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards