New York-New York City
Options

Choosing NYC venue - help!

I am driving myself (and my fiance) crazy trying to pick a venue in NYC that appeals to our style and our budget. I'm basically looking for a unique "funky" space in Manhattan or Brooklyn/Queens (with views of skyline) that won't make us go bankrupt, for 150 guests.

We had picked Guastavino's, but had a horrible experience during the contract signing process (involving one of the managers yelling at me) so we'd like to cross it off our list (even though they came back to us and said the deal was back on the table if we want it).

So we're now looking at:

1. Liberty Warehouse: pros - unique venue with interesting history, great views/on the water. cons - hard to get to (ie: need to get buses for guests at extra costs), upstairs room is pretty plain/boring even though the outdoor space is great

2. Battery Gardens: pros - nice views, got great reviews on service, cons - although very pretty, seems too "plain vanilla" for my taste

3. Lighthouse: this is our favorite but way outside of our price budget. To afford it we would either need to do it dead of winter or on a friday/sunday which isn't ideal.

Any thoughts/guidance would be greatly appreciated!! We can also just elope : )

Thanks!
Christine

Re: Choosing NYC venue - help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    if you love the lighthouse and can only afford on friday/sunday - i say, go for the friday!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you please share more on your experience with Gustavino's.  We have considered them and also their sister location: 583 Park Avenue, so I am curious and keen on hearing more as to your bad experience with Gustavino's.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    zachandvickyzachandvicky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if it would fit into your budget (we loved it but had to pass based on their rates)  but The Foundry in long island city has some fun views.  We are having our wedding at Water's Edge, also in LIC, and it has amazing skyline views of manhattan and the river.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards