North Carolina
Options

Major Checks!

Gaah, it's all getting so real! haha. By magic, everyone came into town this weekend. ( Parents from Raleigh, FI from morehead city, who never gets the weekends off!) So we spent yesterday morning doing wedding stuff :) Put a deposit down on the caterer, who is amazing! She is working wonders with my tiny budget! Then FI and I got an estimate from a floral friend of mine, seems like a pretty good deal so we will probably be putting a deposit down for them soon! Also, I think we are going to have an after reception after party. (Yes, I know it will be SUCH a long day because of this) But some of my family would be uncomfortable with having alcohol present at the reception- think super traditional. So since our wedding is earlier in the afternoon anyways, FI parents are going to host an "after party" With a cookout, fire pit and plenty of alcohol for anyone who wants it. That way no one will be uncomfortable, and anyone who wants to take part can. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 135 Invited
image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
RSVP Date: Sept 08
http://jennieweaver.blogspot.com/

Re: Major Checks!

• Options
    jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hope you all have had a great weekend!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
    image 105 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 need to check their mailboxes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on some major checks!! I know its such a relief to have so many big things finally accomplished!
    Photobucket

• Options
    jennieweaver1jennieweaver1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is! makes it feel so real! You and I have similar wedding dates! Hope your planning is going great! You have AMAZING e-pics. I am so in love with them! haha :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 135 Invited
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yaaayyy for checks!!!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great! Congrats on all the checks. Sounds like things are really coming along.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you got a lot done already.  I see that we have the same wedding date :).  My fi and I are also not having alcohol at the reception and we are planning on finishing the reception around 7:00.  Then the out of towners that don't want to stay can drive back home and we can party with the people that stay behind.
    I like the idea of a barbeque.  Sounds fun.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    acausey6879acausey6879 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE the idea of an after party! That sounds so simple, laid back and natural!  Best Wishes!
  • Options
    JBritneyBugJBritneyBug member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The after party sounds like a blast!

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." ~Douglas Adams
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards