Christian Weddings
Options

Back as a Mrs! (With a link to a few pics!)

The wedding was wonderful! It was pouring that morning, and I was terrified that it wasn't going to stop. Prayed like crazy about it, and my answer was a song on the radio (it's like raaaain on your wedding day...) and a church sign next to the reception site (where we got dressed) that said "Don't complain about the weather. God is in control." NOT the answer I wanted, but I eventually had peace about it... And then on the way back from the hair appointment, it stopped, and became the most beautiful day possible! I stepped on my dress on the way up to the altar, forgot to move my E-ring beforehand, sobbed through my vows, forgot to get my bouquet from MOH for the recessional (she had to walk out with mine AND hers!), we ran out of time and had to skip the toasts, almost tipped the cake over trying to cut through the fondant... and it was WONDERFUL nonetheless! <3

After the bouquet toss, I was already upstairs to get changed into my getaway clothes, but had to come out again because I realized I can't get out of my dress alone. Called for a bridesmaid to help me, and my dad shouted, "You don't need a bridesmaid, you have a husband now! Brent, go help your wife out of her dress!" There was applause. Apparently my embarrassment was cute. :P

Thanks for reading! No cookies, but I do have a sneak peek of my pictures!

Re: Back as a Mrs! (With a link to a few pics!)

• Options
    fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that you tossed your bouquet from the second floor, lol.  Welcome back!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and Welcome back! Your pictures are beautiful!!
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Despite a few mini-mistakes, everything sounds like it went perfectly! 

You look absolutely gorgeous, I love your dress, and the pictures of you and your Hubby are just too sweet.  

Congrats, MRS!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the pictures were absolutely STUNNING!! I love what your dad said!!! haha how funny! it sounds like your day was perfectly imperfect!!

Congratulations!
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  Loved the photo of you throwing the flowers off the balcony!  Sounds like you had a lot of fun. :-)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome back!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I love your pictures! Very cute! Your story is good inspiration and a good reminder that all those little things that go wrong don't even matter. Thanks for posting that! Helps to put things into perspective! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_back-mrs-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:66e8ba40-d460-4b8f-913d-c0768e474cafPost:ad60d19a-9240-4288-83f9-7c0cd6e1102e">Back as a Mrs! (With a link to a few pics!)</a>:
    [QUOTE] Called for a bridesmaid to help me, and my dad shouted, "You don't need a bridesmaid, you have a husband now! Brent, go help your wife out of her dress!" There was applause. <strong>Apparently my embarrassment was cute. :P</strong> Thanks for reading!

LOVE this! beautiful pictures!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love all those little hiccups! That is such a cute story. I will try to make sure I am the same way- letting all those little things make me laugh :)
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SoonToBeGenaoSoonToBeGenao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PS Love the pictures!! Your dress was sooo beautiful
    There's only 1 way 2 say those 3 words and that's what I'll do... I love you Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and Congrats!!! I love your dress and your colors. The pics are beautiful :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those pictures are gorgeous! I absolutely love your cake topper. Willow tree is awesome.

If my dad (or any other guest for that matter) said something like that, FI's face would be more red than mine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the pics!! your wedding day story was lovely! I love the part about your dad telling your DH to help you out of your dress!

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards