Plus-Sized

Need Motivation in Planning

When we first got engaged, I was all into planning our wedding, now, I've just kind of run out of steam and not all that motivated. Maybe it's because we still have a while yet (March 2013), but I've also made the statement numerous times that I was thankful for the extra time so that I can assure things will be how DF and I want them. I've also thought that maybe it's because of the holidays and that over shadowing the wedding right now.

Anyone else get moments where they just don't want to plan their wedding? Don't get me wrong, I'm all excited about it, just feel blah at the moment.

Re: Need Motivation in Planning

• you have PLENTY of time... just relax, enjoy some time away from planning...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i purposefully made sure my wedding was over a year out when my FI and I set the date. The first few months i was running around doing everything i possibly could that was wedding related... now I am 8 months out and also started to run out of steam...

i really do think its because of the holidays, though. when all of the excitement is around family and food and gift giving the stuff for the wedding seems to fall by the wayside.

but km2124 is right; you have PLENTY of time!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You definitely have plenty of time!!  Start back up around your 1 year mark. 
  • Oh I'm so glad I am not the only one! I was starting to feel like a bad bride! lol
  • Like the pp's said, you have plenty of time to take breath and then get back into the spirit of things!!  And beleive me, it's is worth it in the end!
  • Aww Thank you everyone for the "you can take a break"! I so needed to hear that!
  • Sure!  The advantage of a long engagement is that you can afford to take that kind of time off from planning.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can definitely take a break!  I'm not sure what you have booked, if anything, but maybe in mid January decide on the next vendor you are going to book, or the next item you want to plan, then get it done.  That check might help you get motivated again. 

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I completely understand how you feel. My wedding isn't until October 2013, so I've pretty much stopped planning for now. I just don't have the motivation since it seems so far away. I'm sure around next summer I'll start to feel more motivated, but I just don't see the need to worry about it right now since it's still so far. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Y'all are the best! Thank you all for letting me know that I am not a "bad bride" and not just jumping head over heels into planning right now. I know come after the New Year though, I need to seriously get things going!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards