Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal shower question

Hi there.

I've never done a bridal shower before. New at being an MOH. I have a question---does the color and theme of the bridal shower has to match the colors and theme of the wedding?

Much appreciated! thanks.

Re: Bridal shower question

• Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bridal-shower-question-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c9ccf0fc-b32a-47da-b7a6-30ec0a394fcaPost:fa234dfb-9af8-4ffc-a46b-b105c9b31885">Bridal shower question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there. I've never done a bridal shower before. New at being an MOH. I have a question---does the color and theme of the bridal shower has to match the colors and theme of the wedding? Much appreciated! thanks.
    Posted by vcomedancewithme[/QUOTE]
    Nope, it doesn't have to.

When I planned a bridal shower as MOH I was all set to ignore the heinous color the bride chose, but I knew it was a color she loved AND it just happened be a color that was popular at the time. So even though I tried to avoid it, I ended up admitting defeat and using the color. It's up to you, though. As long as you think she'll like the color and the theme you choose, then go for it. GL!!
  • Options
    cebrady89cebrady89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, they don't have to match!
    I'm actually asking that hosts of my shower DON'T use the same colors as for the wedding...I don't want to be sick of that color by the time the wedding rolls around :) Plus it gives you a chance to have a party with colors that you maybe wanted for the wedding, but decided against for whatever reason. That's how I'm looking at it, at least.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the inputs guys!  I appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards