June 2013 Weddings

dilemma?

so FI's bro is an accountant. He suggested that we go to the justice of the peace and get married this year and use the extra tax money to pay off some of the wedding costs. FI wants to use it for a new bathroom which would be nice but I would rather use it to pay off some of the wedding stuff. What do you ladies think? Of course we wouldn't tell anyone about it since my mom would have a fit lol.
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: dilemma?

• cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    You could go splits on the money- use some to pay off some wedding stuff and the rest to get started on the bathroom reno. 

Depending on how much you want to spend on your bathroom you could always take out a small loan then immediatly pay a big chunk off with some of the money. FI and I finance everything then pay it off in like a month or two. We never pay up front for things, haha. Get a Lowes credit card, charge the reno, then take advantage of the 18 month interest free payoff option using the some of tax money. That's how my FI and I roll at least. It always feel less painful paying small amounts for a few weeks than a huge one in one swoop. And, we also need a new bathroom, so this is partially me trying to convince myself to get FI on board to start that sooner rather than later. Otherwise I'm going to just take a sledgehammer to the hot pink tile that is our bathroom walls. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Interesting idea! Can you maybe split it up and use some of it for the bathroom and some of it for the wedding costs?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! Splitting it is a good idea :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards