April 2012 Weddings

January Checks...WOW (long)

Is anyone else looking back at the last few weeks and amazed by the number of things marked off your to-do list?

Made it to T minus 100 days and surprised fiance with funny card, special dinner, dessert, and champagne.

We got our invitations in.

All bridesmaid dresses were ordered.  Only one left to come in, but David's Bridal has been pretty timely so I'm not worried about them.

My fiance's mother got her dress.

My mother got her shoes.

We got information on additional flowers besides the bride's bouquet and groom's boutonniere provided by the venue.

We booked a DJ through our venue.

We ordered our cake topper.

I got my CD and prints of my bridal portraits.

I booked the carriage ride which will take me from the hotel where I'm staying the night before, to the venue.

I have an appointment with my stylist this evening and will be making my appointments for a cut and color the week before the wedding and a blowout the day before.  (Trying to manage the hair with just a DIY touch up the next morning since I will need to be at the venue at 9:30 a.m. and would rather not deal with the expense or potential hassles of coordinating someone to come out).

I joined a gym.  Not solely wedding-related, but long intended, and wedding motivated!  Er, more like honeymoon motivated :-)

And if you give or take a few days, we also asked our final groomsmen when we stopped by for a visit the day after Christmas and we will probably talk to the jeweler about the engraving on the rings on Saturday.

Coming up soon on the list are the MOH/BM's tote bags which I still need to order and GM's gifts which fiance needs to order.  I spent enough on the gym membership, invitations, and cake topper, and since tote bags should only take a week or two to come in, decided it wasn't a big rush and pushed it back a few weeks.

Although everyone says it's going to be here before I know it and the days do seem to tick by quicker now that they are in the double digits, I'm surprisingly LESS anxious lately.  The only thing I'm really anxious about is the weather forecast since I can't do anything to control it and since I don't think I'll be able to help being really upset if it does rain.  Other than that, April can take its time.  Yeah, I want to marry fiance, but it doesn't matter how soon I sign my name on the dotted line (we already live together so not much is going to change day in and day out).  If I'm only going to have so much longer for people to call me Megan Maidenname instead of Megan Hislastname, I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.  Am I weird or is anyone else kinda calm and not in a rush either?

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.

Re: January Checks...WOW (long)

• The only thing I was stressing about was the music. I got that checked off this past weekend.

I'm getting in contact with a hair salon in Waco where we're getting married. My doctor from where we are near Dallas suggested her cousin's salon in Waco the last time I saw her. Will have to see when we can get down there for me to meet her and see what we can do, and if I like her, then coordinate the morning of the wedding.

Not really anxious either. However, last night, I tapped FI and said, "Guess what?" He said, "What?" I said, "We're gonna get married." and then giggled LOL

This is why FI calls me a dork ha. I love it! I just read an article on Zooey Deschanel and people use "adorkable" to describe her. I like that, too!
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow you are so on top of everything! I'm so busy with work/internship right now, I hardly have time to think about wedding stuff! And with all the crap w/ FMIL that's been going on, I've been OK with that! haha 

No, I understand what you mean about not feeling rushed. I'm the same way. I'm super excited, but I'm also trying to savor my last few weeks of "single"-dom as well. Like having my own bed. I think that is going to take me some getting used to, because I am a restless sleeper and a VERY light sleeper...not looking forward to that adjustment aspect! haha 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Red, that is cute, sometimes I look at fiance and think, "Whoa, this guy's gonna be my HUSBAND.  D-mn."  So I guess we both need to join the "adorkable" club!

Erica, I've been living with fiance for a while now but I'm also a restless sleeper and it did take some getting used to having him there (as much as I wanted him there) so give yourself some time because you're right it IS an adjustment!  Sometimes I still sleep especially well if fiance is out of town and I can stretch out over the whole bed.  Ear plugs helped a lot to muffle the sound of his breathing/snoring so I could fall asleep, or get back to sleep, easier.  Hopefully things will settle down for you so you can really enjoy wrapping up some of the little details!
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Red, I do the same thing.  And FI does it back. lol

Everytime I say my name, write it down,etc, I'm thinking how it's going to change in just a couple months! It's weird, but good weird.  My dad gave me some isht about it last week, but it was good natured.  Between me and my sister, we've done the whole marriage thing backwards.  We figured it would be her that would have the big wedding and change her name immediately, etc and I would be the one eloping and keeping my last name.  Well, my sister and her H got married in Vegas almost 3 years ago and she has yet to take his name, and I'll be doing the whole ceremony-reception-invite all your friends/family thing and will be changing my name immediately!  Life is funny.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I changed FHs name in my cell phone to "Future Husband". It's still a bit of a mind trip for me that i'm going to be someone's wife... And I'm going to have a husband!
  • I'm not anxious but I'm really laid back. Also I have lived with FI for years so nothing will really change, I think I'm going to keep my last name as well.

Photobucket

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_january-checkswow-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:2d7c9336-f049-4734-a0b8-d88b6896b13ePost:81239be5-0e2b-4ccb-9140-ff16563702cd">January Checks...WOW (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone else looking back at the last few weeks and amazed by the number of things marked off your to-do list? Made it to T minus 100 days and surprised fiance with funny card, special dinner, dessert, and champagne. We got our invitations in. All bridesmaid dresses were ordered.  Only one left to come in, but David's Bridal has been pretty timely so I'm not worried about them. My fiance's mother got her dress. My mother got her shoes. We got information on additional flowers besides the bride's bouquet and groom's boutonniere provided by the venue. We booked a DJ through our venue. We ordered our cake topper. I got my CD and prints of my bridal portraits. I booked the carriage ride which will take me from the hotel where I'm staying the night before, to the venue. I have an appointment with my stylist this evening and will be making my appointments for a cut and color the week before the wedding and a blowout the day before.  (Trying to manage the hair with just a DIY touch up the next morning since I will need to be at the venue at 9:30 a.m. and would rather not deal with the expense or potential hassles of coordinating someone to come out). I joined a gym.  Not solely wedding-related, but long intended, and wedding motivated!  Er, more like honeymoon motivated :-) And if you give or take a few days, we also asked our final groomsmen when we stopped by for a visit the day after Christmas and we will probably talk to the jeweler about the engraving on the rings on Saturday. Coming up soon on the list are the MOH/BM's tote bags which I still need to order and GM's gifts which fiance needs to order.  I spent enough on the gym membership, invitations, and cake topper, and since tote bags should only take a week or two to come in, decided it wasn't a big rush and pushed it back a few weeks. Although everyone says it's going to be here before I know it and the days do seem to tick by quicker now that they are in the double digits, I'm surprisingly LESS anxious lately.  The only thing I'm really anxious about is the weather forecast since I can't do anything to control it and since I don't think I'll be able to help being really upset if it does rain.  Other than that, April can take its time.  Yeah, I want to marry fiance, but it doesn't matter how soon I sign my name on the dotted line (we already live together so not much is going to change day in and day out).  If I'm only going to have so much longer for people to call me Megan Maidenname instead of Megan Hislastname, I might as well enjoy it while it lasts.  Am I weird or is anyone else kinda calm and not in a rush either?
    Posted by meganb1977[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. We got so many things taken care of early on in our engagement. Now that there's only 87 days left, I'm feeling pretty good about things. My goal was not to stress. We've got enough going on in life in general like trying to sell our house while planning our wedding lol I wish you the best of luck!
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards