Snarky Brides

I want some good snark...

As much as we love 'em - what drives you nuts about either your mom or MOH/BMs.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: I want some good snark...

• My MOH and BMs were all absolutely amazing.  My mom annoys me by always pushing me to do things faster, have things done sooner, etc, and the wedding was no exception, but as far as actually getting things done and being supportive, she rocked.  So...sorry, can't help ya.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I had a great time with my MOH (sister) and BM's.  And I had 7 BM's.

I was 30 when I got married so all my friends are in the same age group and wedding are old hat for them.  They had all been in 4-5 wedding each prior.  We just didnt have any of that drama, and Im glad for it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I don't remember any drama with my bridesmaids, so if there was any it wasn't memorable. I don't currently speak to my mother so can't help you with that.

• I didn't have any problems with my MOHs (2) or BMs (2)
    My Mom and MIL were also very helpful with the wedding planning.

Ditto Blue, we had all been in multiple weddings before, so it was pretty much business as usual.

Have something you want to vent about?
  • My bridesmaids were all kickass.

I know you asked, but I will spare you the long ass laundry list of all the things my mom did to make me go insane during wedding planning.  I love the woman, but for real, bitch is cray.
    panther
  • My mom is awesome, so is H's mom, and all my BMs (My BFF and H's two sisters). I can't help.
  • My MOH was my sister, and as much as I love her with all my heart, when it came to BM dress shopping I could have murdered her. She was 35 when I got married, I was 26, my other BMs 25 and 27. She had a very negative self image, and trying on sample size dresses was a nightmare. She was so pissed when nothing would fit and everything looked terrible  (so she would say) and she was vocal about it all. I was glad when that was over.

My mom, as always, was an angel.

My MIL only bought her MOG dress the week of the wedding. The week of. And had to have it shipped and fitted before saturday. She also showed up, unexpectidly, at my final fitting. I love her, but towards the end of the wedding, it was a bit much.
  • My mom only watches Fox news, thinks everything is a conspiracy, and is a total political crazypants. 

My MOHs are awesome, though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Everything is going perfectly fine!  

Bahaha.

For real though, my BMs are awesome.  Also, they all pretty much live far away so there really isn't much that they could to to make me mad.  
  • I might have some MamaDrama =)  Back in Dec. my mom's house flooded.  The last 4 months she's spent her time renovating her house.  I understand that needs to be done.  However, my wedding is in 46 days and several things haven't been finalized--- things like the caterer, the photographer, or any rentals.  *sigh* But her house looks great!!  (It truly looks absolutely amazing! And when I'm not feeling bitchy. I'm really happy that she pretty much got a brand new house for $500 deductible.)

• I'm unmarried, drive a foreign car, and I don't have any babies. I'm a failure at life. According to my mother anyway.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Is your mom paying for this stuff?
    panther
  • Wow your mom sounds like such an asss.  I mean, why fix the roof over your head when you have a wedding to pay for?????!!!!!!1???!!!!!  Who needs a house when you can eat cake and have lots of food for one evening.  She is SO inconsiderate.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-want-some-good-snark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c39deb44-5210-4360-92c7-bd700d33c65cPost:90ca4d2a-6017-4134-a463-47eb7fe25080">Re: I want some good snark...</a>:
    [QUOTE]lbarr, I'm going to say I'm sorry in advance.  I just saw the OP's lb and my mind went to you.  I was like wtf is she posting about goddamn snark?  So, yeah, glad you're not the OP on this one.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha when I first saw this I was wondering if anyone would think it was me in a very uncreative AE, especially since I've been having some minor wedding drama.  </div>
  • I know I'm being a bitch.  100% Bridezilla zone for me.  I am grateful that she is helping pay for the wedding (everything I'm paying for is completed).  I know the wedding is just one night and I need a major reality check....

(The flood was from a potty upstairs and it's about 95% completely fixed.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-want-some-good-snark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c39deb44-5210-4360-92c7-bd700d33c65cPost:21221c4c-5b06-4e37-b720-09500a4d73b3">Re: I want some good snark...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I'm being a bitch.  100% Bridezilla zone for me.  I am grateful that she is helping pay for the wedding (everything I'm paying for is completed).  I know the wedding is just one night and I need a major reality check.... (The flood was from a potty upstairs and it's about 95% completely fixed.)
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]

<div>At least you realize, it's all good.  As I've learned and as many have shared with me over the past week... weddings just bring out the crazy in some people.  Sometimes it's inevitable.  Take a deep breath and it will all work out one way or another... trust me :)</div>
  • My wedding is in about three months and so far haven't had any issues with my BM/MOH.

My mother, on the other hand, is insane.  I do not get along with her and she drives me crazy. She guilted me into thinking she couldn't afford to come so I would offer to let her stay with me a few nights (which I did) until she showed me the dress she got. She paid $200.00 for a dress.  I called her out on it and she said "I have plenty of money to fly down and get a hotel" so I told her that she should probably book her stuff before it gets any more expensive.  Maybe that sounds heartless, but she was pretty awful my whole life.

imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-want-some-good-snark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c39deb44-5210-4360-92c7-bd700d33c65cPost:a7a71d66-2ae3-4dc3-9838-edf1a8058a23">Re: I want some good snark...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I might have some MamaDrama =)  Back in Dec. my mom's house flooded.  The last 4 months she's spent her time renovating her house.  I understand that needs to be done.  However, my wedding is in 46 days and several things haven't been finalized--- things like the caterer, the photographer, or any rentals.  *sigh* But her house looks great!!  (It truly looks absolutely amazing! And when I'm not feeling bitchy. I'm really happy that she pretty much got a brand new house for $500 deductible.)
    Posted by lb1212[/QUOTE]
    I fail to see how her renovating her house has anything to do with YOU finalizing a caterer, photographer, or rentals. If mommy is still taking care of shiit for you, then you have more problems than her house renovation. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-want-some-good-snark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c39deb44-5210-4360-92c7-bd700d33c65cPost:e2d492bb-d4de-4ec7-954e-e9ae4fdf275e">Re: I want some good snark...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want some good snark... : I fail to see how her renovating her house has anything to do with YOU finalizing a caterer, photographer, or rentals. If mommy is still taking care of shiit for you, then you have more problems than her house renovation. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't get it. What would you rather your mom do? If my parents house flooded, I'd be way more worried about that than my wedding.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • My BMs drove me crazy about their dresses. Of the four, two were only willing to go look at dresses with me. One was out of state so obviously she couldn't go. I asked all of them individually about their budget and offered to help pay for the dress if they couldn't afford what was picked. The two that went with me helped picked out the dress that they and myself liked. The third one here said whatever I pick is fine and refused to go with us even though she worked across the street from the bridal store and was off work when the appointment was set. Well, she got pregnant so she yelled at me for picking a dress that wouldn't be flattering on pregnant woman, the sales rep told her that when she went on her own to get sized, and also yelled at me for not knowing what size she should order. I just wrote that off as she's hormonal. My MOH complained about not being able to wear a tiara in the wedding and the hidden costs of the dress. I asked her what costs and she goes shipping and sales tax! The bm in another state started complaining and asking me why she had to pay 15 for the dress to be shipped to her state. She thinks the shipping should have been free. Now, I can laugh at these stories but when it was happening, I wasn't laughing
  • <span style="font-family:Arial;color:#1f1f1f;"><font size="3">In Response to </font><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-want-some-good-snark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c39deb44-5210-4360-92c7-bd700d33c65cPost:e2d492bb-d4de-4ec7-954e-e9ae4fdf275e"><font size="3">Re: I want some good snark...</font></a><font size="3">:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want some good snark... : I fail to see how her renovating her house has anything to do with YOU finalizing a caterer, photographer, or rentals. If mommy is still taking care of shiit for you, then you have more problems than her house renovation. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<strong>When FI and I got engaged,  we wanted a small intimate wedding.  My mom insisted on a much larger wedding.  When we compromised on the wedding, she offered to pay for the caterer, photographer and rentals.</strong> </font></span><span style="font-family:Arial;color:#1f1f1f;"><font size="3"> </font></span><span style="font-family:Arial;color:#1f1f1f;"><font size="3">In Response to </font><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-want-some-good-snark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c39deb44-5210-4360-92c7-bd700d33c65cPost:411838e7-4568-4ab1-86ec-123a846221ad"><font size="3">Re: I want some good snark...</font></a><font size="3">:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I want some good snark... : Yeah, I don't get it. What would you rather your mom do? If my parents house flooded, I'd be way more worried about that than my wedding.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]</font></span><span style="font-family:Arial;color:#1f1f1f;"><font size="3"> </font></span> <p><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';font-size:12pt;"><font color="#000000">Please don’t get me wrong, I am worried about her house.<span>  </span>I’ve been there pretty much every day for the last 4 months checking on progress.<span>  </span>We’ve canceled three wedding dress-shopping trips to look at tile options.<span>  </span>I was fine with that.<span>  </span>I helped her re-arrange her living room and kitchen a dozen times so she could pick grout color.<span>  </span>I just want a few hours of “no-house-talk” to finalize wedding related details – because I need to know what arrangements I need to make.<span>  </span>FI and I both have children, car payments, rent…etc. so with only 46 days left, decisions need to be made.<span>  </span></font></span></p>
  • I can give you some snark about my pain in the ass, spoiled as hell, cares about no one but herself, FSIL. She's not in the wedding, THANK GOD, my FH told me NOT to ask her to be a BM. When we got engaged and started in on the excited phone calls, he called her and she COULD NOT bring herself to congratulate him. All he got was a "good for you, brother" and she said she had to go. And when we saw her two days later, she did not say one word about our engagement until her mom forced her to look at my ring. I could care less if the bitch is happy for me, but goodness, be happy for your ONLY sibling. And now that I am into planning, she still sees it as her place to comment on every idea I pin on Pinterest with something along the lines of "you aren't ACTUALLY going to do this, are you?!". And when I was talking about registering with FMIL and mentioned Macy's she butted in with "MACY'S?! They are SOOOOOO expensive!" (she gave FMIL a birthday gift purchased at Macy's FIVE minutes later) 

There is no way on this planet that she and my sweetheart FH were actually rasied by the same parents. I pray that someone gives the strength to get through the next 14 months without kicking her square in the face. 

And I just have to add, I have never been anything but nice and polite with the girl. I smile, ask her how work is, try and be friends with her. Obviously, she doesn't want that to happen.
  • My mom is BSC, and thankfully lives in Germany. I have no relationship with her, but my sister (MOH) does, and tells her the wedding plans... that, I don't care about, but then I hear the crappy comments about it all from my sis. I told her I really don't care, and mom already had two wedding days so she got to make her choices too. I think my mom is upset she can't/won't be here... but I haven't talked to the woman in quite a while and we've been rocky for 10 years. No thanks.

My two BMs have been super helpful, I haven't asked them to do a thing but they're in love with weddings like me and randomly show up to my house and say 'okay, lets get xyz done tonight!'. My BMs are sisters, their Dad is our pastor, and their mom is a wedding coordinator, so we usually have a blast.

• ekoliopoulosekoliopoulos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Wow this page has some good comments that really made me laugh. I am getting married in 3 weeks and I am totally stressed out!!!!! I have 7 BMs 2 of them are my sister and FSIL, they all bring drama and stress in there own ways (except 3 they are great), so its good to know that in a few years i might be able to laugh at it.
    Can anyone tell me how to remind them that its my day without going all bridezilla because I am on the verge?
  • I live in a different town than my family and entire wedding party. My FI and I moved an hour away so I could finish school (graduate in May! Woohoo!) So all my wedding festivities are planned back in our home town. However, two of my four BMs haven't made it to a single wedding party gathering (two are friends which havent shown, one is my sister, the other is my FIs sister). They didn't show when we all got fitted and picked up our dresses, they didn't know at my bridal shower (even tho both RSVP'd, they were no shows), they weren't able to attend when we all sat down and put together favors, I even won free facials for all of us and they didn't come. I drive an hour to attend each of these, but they live there and couldn't come. They are also complaining about having to drive 30 minutes for my bachelorette party and stay in a hotel room that my mother has already paid for.

I know- they probably had a legitimate reason for not attending everything and I'm probably being al ittle bit of a bridezilla. I just wish they could participate with all of us. Its so much fun and it doesn't feel right without all my girls there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • To those of you who dished, I think the bottom line is that, I we feel like people who should be supporting us as we prepare for our weddings aren't. And that hurts. Plain and simple. They may have 100 legitimate reasons, but emotionally it sucks. Most of us have been mentally planning our weddings since we were barely out of diapersI know I have! When things don't work out the way I thought, it totally stings. I talked with my mom yesterday I know your house renovations are important, but wedding stuff is important to me. I understand things happen, but it sucks when we can't do things together. and I definitely feel better. So....my advice talk! Talk! TALK!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards