Ohio-Columbus

When to send invites?!

Hey girls,

I have a few different timeline helpers I look at for planning but they all seem to be telling me a different time to send out invitations. When do you all think is the appropriate time/when did you send them out in your countdown? The 3 month mark is just around the corner for us! TIA!

Re: When to send invites?!

• I'm aiming for 8-10 weeks.
    Anniversary
  • Thanks girls! I'm going to go with the 9week mark ;)
  • I own an invitation company. The standard time to send out invitations in 6-8 weeks in advance, however most brides get excited and end up sending them 8-10 weeks in advance. If you didn't send save the dates, then earlier is better. You can send them out up to 3 months in advance (any longer and people start to forget they got them and you have more issues in getting return rsvp's).

Another tip is to be sure to add one week on to when you need to have your final count to the caterer for your RSVPs. For example, if you need the final count to your venue/ caterer 2 weeks prior to your wedding, then make your RSVP by date 3 weeks prior. This will give you time to follow up with people who didn't respond at all (and there WILL be people who do this). Lots of people say "if they don't respond, then I'm just not counting them in" but the problem is that many of those who don't respond will be aunt/uncles or friends who when you call to ask, will say "well I just assumed you knew I was coming, of course I would come!".  This happened with my wedding and that week grace period was perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards