April 2012 Weddings
Options

Too early to be looking for florists?

Hi all - Getting married April 28, 2012. Is it too early to be looking at florists? I figured now would be a good time, since the same flowers will be in season!

Re: Too early to be looking for florists?

• Options
    No, I don't think so. I went to the florist yesterday and getting prices. I want to get everyhting done now so I will have time in a couple of months to get ready and not running around crazy.
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    I had the same logic - I could see what was in season right now.  And I just booked mine last week, so not too early for you to start looking.

Some florists will tell you it's too early... but most I met with didn't seem to think booking now was that weird.  One told me I should wait until my girls had their bridesmaid dresses so they could be sure of the color.

• Options
    Not too early at all.  Some popular ones here are already booking up!
  • Options
    Not to early at all. I agree that looking now helps you to one get cost ideas but also see whats in season now. Most good florists book very quickly for weddings that happen in April -July as this is the busy wedding season. I wont be using a florist I have horrible allergies and flowers tend to trigger this so I will be using silks to keep my eyes from watering and my nose from sneezing all day. :(
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_early-looking-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:98e5c8f0-2b24-4219-b9e5-59041bd75c05Post:d3150424-6600-42ff-b504-923d350f3ba7">Re: Too early to be looking for florists?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to early at all. I agree that looking now helps you to one get cost ideas but also see whats in season now. Most good florists book very quickly for weddings that happen in April -July as this is the busy wedding season. I wont be using a florist I have horrible allergies and flowers tend to trigger this so I will be using silks to keep my eyes from watering and my nose from sneezing all day. :(
    Posted by mybestfriend4eva[/QUOTE]

What about a Fabric, Button or Broach bouqet?!

I dont think its too early either,  better to be done, then too be running around like a chicken with its head cut off the last few months :)
    ~Melissa Photobucket
  • Options
    I don't think its too early at all. And yeah...its should be easier for them to tell you what would be available as far as flower varieties since the wedding is basically this time next year. 

I think I may be a little crazy for this, but I'm going to order the majority of my flowers (yellow and purple tulips) wholesale and my BMs and I will do the arrangements ourselves a day or two before. They are soo creative and artsy. And its going to save a ton of $$$, and should be fun. I have simple tastes and just want simple arrangements. Hopefully this isnt one of my dumbest ideas ever. I guess I wont know til the time comes! 
    Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Definately not to early!!! I am booking appointments now too, to start getting ideas. My MOH is very crafty so we have been in Michaels playing with silk flowers and putting them together to make "sample" boquets.

I don't think you're crazy RaeRae, I am planning to order our daisies and tulips to make ours as well, it def saves a ton of $$$!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally
  • Options
    Thanks! I have started contacting a bunch of florists and I think the timing is right too.  We are also planning on doing some of the flowers ourselves - probably the centerpieces but not the bouquets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards