Delaware

Photographer Question

HI all so we were suppose to have a meeting tonight with Leah (Photography by Leah). Well she didnt show. She has already emailed me and apologized profusely. I still want to meet with her, but I am now a little apprehensive understandingably. Can anyone who is using her or has met with her give me some reviews/opinions about your experiences with her?  Thanks!
Ag sorry by computer is being screwy tonight!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 139 Invited so far!
image 79 Are ready to party!
image 60 Will be missing out!

Re: Photographer Question

• EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a meeting with her last week and she was just on time (we were a few minutes early). The meeting lasted about an hour and she talked most of the time (nervous maybe?) She was very nice, answered all of our questions and showed us an online gallery and a few photobooks. She did seem a little frazzled when she first got there. For several reasons she is not my top choice so far. I have to say that if she had not showed up for the meeting (unless there was a really good reason) she would have automatically lost my business simply for the fact that i don't live in DE and had to travel.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leah is shooting our wedding this Saturday, and I can't wait!  So while I don't have any reviews on the end result yet, here's my experience with her so far.

We met in December at a Starbucks and she was there before us, holding a table.  Which was great, because it was so crowded that day!  We had sent her a list of questions ahead of time so we began by reviewing them.  Then she told us a bit more about her style and how she likes to go about shooting weddings.  Then we were able to ask some more questions.  Finally, she showed us some more of her work and also showed us some of the editing she does in Photoshop.

We loved her work and she was just so friendly we booked her the next day.  Plus, the rate was great.  Although, I can't speak for that now as she graduated school in May and began focusing on her business more and I think her rates have gone up.

Since that time we've exchanged emails just to keep in touch and more frequently in the last month to finalize details for Saturday.  Every question I've sent her has been answered within a day.  And she also sends me questions, so I know she's planning ahead as well, which makes me feel comfortable that things will run smoothly the day of.

I'll post a more detailed review after Saturday and when we get the pictures, but so far, I couldnt' be happier with Leah.

• JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with her. We met at Panera in Newark. She was there early for us as well saving a table. She was very very nice. I really liked her work. My problem was that her prices were just a little bit more than I wanted to spend. Also, I didn't really feel like I clicked with her. We talked alot and went over alot during the meeting. I think the fact that she didn't show for you is definately weird. If you are local I would give her another chance. However, first impressions are everything and had that happened to me, I would probably have moved on. There are soo many great photographers around here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Leah too.  I loved her personality, her work and the fact she put up with my million and one emails with different questions.  She has always responded very quickly, except when I initially contacted her.  She happened to be out of town that week and apologized for not getting back to me.  I almost nixed her then, but decided to give it a shot.  I'm glad I did and I'm really excited to use her.  However, the one thing FI worried about was her possible inexperience on the business side of things, but we decided to take the chance.  With that said, photogs are a really important choice and like PP said, there are a lot of good ones in the area.  You should definitely feel comfortable and confident with whoever you pick!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_delaware_photographer-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:77Discussion:9fe8798d-0683-43fa-8884-a89c6d45e24bPost:5692be5c-3aa9-4705-9c98-98635f58ef3f">Re: Photographer Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]With that said, photogs are a really important choice and like PP said, there are a lot of good ones in the area.  You should definitely feel comfortable and confident with whoever you pick!
    Posted by LandM11[/QUOTE]

Absolutely this!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards