Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Outdoors bridal portrait before the wedding

I was considering doing an outdoors bridal shoot but it would be before the wedding around April (my photographer will work with me on the weather so that isn't an issue).

I'm just worried about my dress getting dirty or something happening to because I'm wanting to do the shoot in the local university's botanical garden.

Has anyone ever taken an outdoor bridal shoot before the wedding...if so,do you recommend it?

They do offer an in-studio shoot but I really don't want to do that since I had my engagement photos taken there...it would be the exact same scenery and images and I want something a little different.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Outdoors bridal portrait before the wedding

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots of girls on my local have done it but they all had to get their dresses cleaned before the wedding day.  It can be done, you just have to be prepared.  Another option is to have your "bridals" done after the wedding.  Girls on my local have done that also.
  • Options
    katheriner89katheriner89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was worried about the same thing. SO, my solution was to get the more "formal" bridal pictures taken before the wedding (Have one displayed at the reception) Then have another shoot after the wedding, get some cool pictures that I NEVER would have done before the wedding. - Not TRASHING the dress, but just simply not being too careful with the dress :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards