Texas-San Antonio
Options

Bridesmaids Gifts?!?! Why am I not stressed?!

Ok I need suggestions on bridesmaids gifts! ANd...... Is it normal not to be stressing about the wedding planning?! Where is everyone at on this point for a wedding in August????

Re: Bridesmaids Gifts?!?! Why am I not stressed?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For my BMs I made little goody bag type things. I bought them each a pashmina from ebay since my wedding was in December and I wanted them to be warm. I also bought them each earrings that I thought matched their personalities and that they could wear on days other than the wedding (I have also heard of many girls buying their BMs jewelry to wear for the wedding). I included other little things like tissues, gum, chapstick, chocolate, etc that I thought might be nice to have on the day of the wedding.

As far as stressing....I'd say the most normal reaction is to be pretty stessed, but if you can make it through the planning without stressing then that's wonderful! I honestly don't see a reason why the wedding planning has to an awful and stressful experience. It can in fact be very fun if you are able to take the right approach to it. I actually found most of it to be very fun and kind of miss it now, so I say to continue enjoying it for as long as you can. :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my bridesmaids' dresses, shoes, and accessories...so I wasn't planning on buying them a gift.  I know this is totally non-traditional, but I just don't see why they should pay for that stuff when I'm the one who asked them to be in the wedding.  But Lindsey's ideas sound good. Maybe even a giftcard to a nail salon or massage place?

Elizabeth
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought each girl a pashmina (same reason as Lindsey) and earrings and I had my SIL embroider a canvas tote and a white cotton robe for each with their inital.  And then I paid for pedis the day before.
    I think the level of wedding planning stress is different for everyone and frankly, a lot of it has more to do with the pressure you put on yourself to live up to certain expectations.  I had a ton of help from my fiance and that made our wedding planning so much easier.  I can't say I had much stress and I am someone who stresses out easily!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got each girl an oilcloth makeup bag with their monograms on them. Then inside each girl's bag was a giftcard to their favorite place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards