Favors

How many truffles to include for favors?

Hi guys,

I was hoping to make some brigadeiros (a favorite Brazilian treat similar to truffles. They're rich, chewy, chocolatey and delicious, lol) for our wedding favors as a way to incorporate where my family comes from.

I'm planning on having them in little favor boxes at each place setting at the reception. The problem that I'm running into is that the favor boxes that I'm seeing online only have room for 1 brigadeiro/truffle.

Seeing as how the candies are so rich I think this will be fine, but my mother thinks it will look cheap to just have one truffle per person and that we should include 2, but the only boxes that I've found that will fit 2 are more expensive and I was hoping to keep costs down since we have about 200 guests coming. Plus I'd then have to make 400 truffles instead of 200, which would be a pain.

I guess what I'm asking is: If you were a guest, would you think having 1 truffle for a favor would be appropriate, or would you expect something more?

Here is a link in case you want to know what a brigadeiro is or want to know how to make them (they're supre easy, I promise!) Smilehttp://ryansbakingblog.com/2011/03/chocolate-brigadeiros/ 

Re: How many truffles to include for favors?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    From the size of them I would expect two per person.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree.  Two per person based on the size.
    Anniversary

• PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Definitely two per person, one would look cheap.  Try www.papermart.com for favor boxes and packing supplies.
  • I would say one is fine, but 2 would seem better as a favor. I was wondering too, how many chocolate covered peanuts to include in my favors boxes? I want to include enough but not too much.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My sister did artisan chocolate truffles from a local shop, and did one per person.  They were individually boxed.  There were no complaints from anyone.   I think one per person is fine, but if it's easy to do two then that would work also.   If two per person is a huge hassel (finding the right boxes, etc) then I would just done one per person.  
    DSC_9275
  • two per person would be best. personally I would probably eat mine, love it and then be disappointed that it was gone :) if theyre easy, why not add the recipe for your guests to try at home?
  • I am doing Harry and David truffles and I am cramming 2 in a box.  I bought the favor boxes from Party City that are  2inches sqaure and they fit.  Mine are prewrapped so I could fit them in at an angle but  I think it really depends on the presentation. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards