North Carolina

Good Location for E-Photos in Raleigh?

Hey girls!

So, the FI and I are going to Raleigh in early October to attend a friends wedding and we are going to go ahead and do e-photos with our photographer who is based out of Raleigh since we will be there.  We've already had some done in Austin (they were done for free with a photographer who had just left a bigger studio and went out on his own, we love them but would like to get some done and get comfy with our wedding photographer as well) but are excited to get some done with the pretty fall NC colors!

So any good ideas for locations in the Raleigh-area?  We're staying in the Crabtree-area but we have a rental car and the photographer is open to whatever we are.  We both also went to State, and are debating something on campus but IDK..

I have issues with keeping a post short!  Thank you in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair

Re: Good Location for E-Photos in Raleigh?

• edited December 2011
    We just took our e-photos last night and took them at NCSU (we're both alumni as well).  We started at the belltower and also took some at the free expression tunnel and in the Court of Carolinas.  I found a couple of sessions on campus, and you can get a lot of great looks-

Court of Carolinas: http://www.loganjarrard.com/blog/nc-state-engagement-session-wes-britt/

Free Expression Tunnel: http://sweetlifephoto.com/blog/2010/02/13/nc-state-engagement-session-kristin-and-amin-are-engaged/

Free Expression Tunnel/Bell Tower: http://www.chappellphotoblog.com/?p=636

We also went to Fayetteville St. downtown for some cool shots near the Capital.

Hope that helps! :)
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had ours done at Duke Gardens. They turned out great! I'm sure the landscape will be gorgeous in October.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • kinzelanekinzelane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

I think that the new North Carolina Museum of Art might be a fun place to go.  The building itself is pretty ugly but there are lots of outdoor sculptures that could make really interesting backdrops, props, etc.  There is a park area with a trail that takes you through some of the art areas and if you want fall colors, that could be really pretty!  The art varies of course, so it may not be your taste, but it's a nice area. 

Here's a link to NCMA's "Art in the Park" page, but you can check out the whole museum there too. 

Good luck and best wishes!

-Emmie

http://www.ncartmuseum.org/museum_park/art_in_the_park/
  • edited December 2011

We also had ours at Duke Gardens....it was GORGEOUS!  I just had my bridals taken their last week and yet again, it was absolutely beautiful!  Such a great place!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is reccomending the NC Museum of Art... She really loves shooting there.  I have to talk to Kyle this afternoon and see if he's okay with this vs. going to NCSU (she wasn't super-keen on it but said she would if we wanted to) but I love all of the suggestions!  Thank you all for all of the help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Art Museum has had a recent re-do and they have beautiful gardens.  It should be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards