Virginia

Floral Meeting...

We have a florist we are going with, but wants us to come up with our budget and what we want. I don't know a first thing about flowers. How can I research what is a reasonable budget on flowers.  We don't want to spend a lot of money on flowers but don't want to be cheap looking either. Our wedding is in Sept time, so I know if I pick something that doesn't bloom in around that time--it can add up to the cost. Any advice would be grateful.

Re: Floral Meeting...

• edited December 2011
    I'm snot sure what your budget is, however, I went to a wholesale place in Norfolk and the total was around $500.  That was for nothing but roses.  I then went to an independent florist.  For the same amount of items I need the total is around $650 and that is with delivery and set up.  AND the independent florist explained to me that many flowers are the same price per stem.  So if you wanted roses, you could really have roses and 2 or 3 sprigs of lillies or buttons or whatever is around the same price.  So for the $650, I am going to have about 10 different types of flowers for $150 more than the wholesaler of just roses.  Something to think about.

Make sure that when you go, point out flowers that you like and see what the prices are and find out what the difference would be to use different flowers as fillers.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Your best bet is to let the floral place know when your wedding is. I would just let them know you don't know much about flowers.Tell them the colors your thinking of and maybe a few flowers you would like, but to please suggest ones for that season. Then also think of what you want. Bouquets, centerpieces, boutonniere, coursages etc., Once you pick the flower(s) then they will be able to form a quote. Then if you need to eliminate some things to fit more into your budget you can.
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • edited December 2011
    You know what really helped me? The Knot's budget calculator. Put in the whole budget of your wedding and it will estimate how much you should spend on your vendors and such. Try it out. The Knot has a ton of useful wedding planning tools. I'm planning my entire wedding by myself and so far- so good!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards