June 2012 Weddings

Re: EXPIRED

• Options
    Nah. I'm just going to do mine myself. Every time I've had someone else do my makeup, it looks awful.

So I've been practicing a few looks so I am all nice and prepared on the day of!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have my trial on Monday, and I'm so excited!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm having mine done. It looks amazing. All you have to do is communicate what you want/don't want. I want mine to look very natural, not heavy blush, eye makeup, etc. At the trial she took stuff off, added more color as I asked, etc. I also had a bunch of pictures of makeup I liked (and didn't like).

Wear a white dress/shirt to your trial, so you can see it with that color. Also I recommend doing your hair as nicely as possible, because you WILL feel the makeup looks heavy if you have your hair just in a pony tail or unwashed, etc. Also take a few photos of the makeup in natural light, it will look heavy to you in person, but in the photos it will look a lot better! 
  • Options

I'm having airbrush makeup done.  I do my own makeup pretty nicely, but whenever its an important event or I'm nervous or something I always end up messing it up, specifically twitching when doing my eyeliner, which is why I thought it was best to have a professional.  I also wanted my girls to get theirs done (I'm paying) because some of them struggle a little with makeup (way too much or none).

I had a trial and I'll be honest, I wasn't 100% happy.  I normally wear Bare Minerals makeup which I pretty much don't even feel sitting on my face.  I expected the airbrushing to be really light, and at first it was, but as my oily skin mixed with it, I felt a little cakey.  I'm also not sure if she just didn't do a great job at blending by my neck because I was REALLY late for my hair trial, but it seemed really bad down at the bottom too.  Everyone around me told me I looked great, but I don't know if I can really believe them lol.  I didn't feel like I normally do and I just wanted to wash my face so bad.

Now I'm scared because we already put down the deposit and I told my bridesmaids that I was paying for their makeup, but I'm having second thoughts!  I almost feel like I'll look better & more natural if I do my own!!  Not to mention the money I'll be saving.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having mine done and I'm still warming up to it; it's WAY outside my comfort zone but it's the look of the era so I'm flowing with it.
    Vacation White Knot
  • Options
    I am having mine airbrushed and I will not have a trial either.
    This is how I look at it... it is makeup; it can easily be washed off or changed. So if I don't like something I will speak up. I also have a few inspiration pictures of what I want.
  • Options
    Look at pictures and decide what kind of look you'd like to have.  I sent a few to my makeup artist prior to the trial so we can be on the same page. 
  • Options

My BM is a stylist and a teacher for Paul Mitchell so she has offered to do all of our hair/makeup (she's amazing!). She's coming over tonight for a hair and makeup trial tonight. I'm nervous, she's very foofy with her makeup and likes super dramatic. She wants me to do the fake eyelashes, but I have glasses, and my eyelashes already almost touch them. Maybe the extra eyelashes to make it full looking? Who knows, I guess I'll find out tonight!

• Options
    Yep, had my MU trial two weeks ago! Love my artist!!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don't usually wear much make-up so I decieded to use a makeup counter in Younkers. This made a lot of sense since my hair is also getting done at a place in the same mall. Will be having a run through which (thanks for the reminder) I still need to schedule. Will be using some of the suggestions above and asking for the person who will be doing my make up on my wedding day. Keeping my fingers crossed as this area is WAY out of my comfort zone.
  • Options
    nope. doing it myself. I did it for my portraits and got tons of compliments
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm having mine done! I love make up and think I apply it well. But I want it done professionally so that it stays and looks good in pictures. My make up and hair trial are both tomorrow so I'm on the hunt for more pics!! Soo excited!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am having mine done. I had a trial to see how it would go and it was gorgeous but we made a few tweaks. It was also nice for FI to see it because there were somethings he had an opinion about.

If you cant do a trial I would suggest taking a picture of your self after its done and make sure you like it. It makes a big difference
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Anyone Having:
    [QUOTE I had a trial and I'll be honest, I wasn't 100% happy.  Everyone around me told me I looked great, but I don't know if I can really believe them lol.  I didn't feel like I normally do and I just wanted to wash my face so bad. Now I'm scared because we already put down the deposit  but I'm having second thoughts!  I almost feel like I'll look better & more natural if I do my own!!  Not to mention the money I'll be saving.
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]

These are my thoughts exactly, especially the bolded part.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was considering having my done but after my stylist didn't impress me with her hair skills, I have decided to do my own makeup. I usually wear little to no blush but I believe I will try a few different shades of blush so I can incorporate it into my makeup for the day of. I am paying for 2 of my bridesmaids to get their makeup done and all 3's hair done along with mani and pedis. I figure skipping getting my makeup done with also save a little money. As far as my hair the day of, I will just get it straightened with a braid detail.
  • Options
    My cousin (and bridesmaid) is a hair stylist/MUA so she will be doing mine. I won't have a trail because she lives 2 hours away but I trust her fully :).
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards