Canada-Alberta

What was your wedding budget??

Hey ladies!

I'm just recently engaged and have no idea how much a wedding costs!! I was just wondering what your budgets were.

It's kinda tight right now, so I was thinking $5000. but my family is really big so we'd be looking at probably 160 people....

thanks!

Re: What was your wedding budget??

• edited December 2011
    we are getting married in Jamaica for just less then $10,000.
    we originally wanted to do it locally but everything we found was way more then that by almost double that, sometimes more.  I guess maybe depends on what you are looking for. 
    oh yeah we are in Calgary.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aspe85aspe85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just outside of Edmonton and ours will be in between 10 and 15. Our venues for the reception and ceremony were the most expensive part so far though, so we're hoping to keep it under 15 if possible! We have around 170guests so far!

HTH!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are having 130 people and it will be around $20,000.
    We're right in Calgary.
  • edited December 2011

Mine is around $20000.  The majority of that is going towards the reception for around 250 people (darn huge family).  (Edmonton)

• trishinbanfftrishinbanff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping to keep it under $8000 and I'm doing it in Lake Louise.  Ways to keep it less expensive is to have a cocktail/appitizer reception, only offer limited alcohol (the hardest part for me) and keep it casual!  Just remember it's a celebration of your love (i know I know barf) and families!
    T
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Our original budget was $6000 we were going to do an evening service with a cocktail reception and it looked like we were going to come in under budget. However, due to family concerns we are now doing a dinner service which has raised  our budget by $4500. We have saved alot of money by doing research online. I bought a sample maggie Sottero for under a thousand, we got chair covers for $2 a piece etc etc. It's definitely worth it to look around!
  • erinf1017erinf1017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a destination "weddingmoon" with just the two uf us and then throwing a party to celebrate when we get home. We are budgeting about $8500 for the whole thing.
    (Calgary)
  • edited December 2011
    Our budget was $30 000: $10 000 from my parents, 10 from his dad and 10 from us. Unfortunately, his father got himself caught up in some Nigerian money scam and sent away $25 000 in the hopes of some windfall (I'm so surprised he would fall for that and very upset-we tried to talk him of of it) so after booking everything we have had to cut back on a lot and have it down to $25 000. We are spending $6 000 on the venue and  $10 000 on the caterers, $1 000 for the DJ, $1 000 for rentals, $2 000 for the dress. One area we were able to cut back a lot on was transportation. Our wedding party has 14 people, so a limo would have cost around $1200 for 4 hours. Instead we are renting 2- 7 passenger SUVs which we can keep for 24 hrs and it will only cost $255.00. We are having 160 guests.
  • pierrette123pierrette123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My budget was 20,000 and I'm going to fall way under that 200 guests in Edmonton.   I'm getting away with doing it for probably closer to 14,000.00 and I don't feel as though I've sacrificed.  I got everything that I wanted except for the Celtic dancers.  But I'm ok with that compromise. 
  • jesibridejesibride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    30,000 about 90 people - Edmonton Alberta. Cost depends on what kind of wedding you're hoping to have...
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Victoria,BC
    Total wedding cost $7,000.00
    62 people.

We are both from Edmonton

Jamie
  • edited December 2011
    Our original budget was $5,000.00. However we are getting married in Ontario but live in Alberta.  I'm trying to keep as close to the budget as possible... but I think it'll come in around $8,500.00. Definetely wanting to stay under 10!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sydney91Sydney91 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My budget is $8 000 - 4 from me and 4 from the groom. We're getting married in a small town (post office, campground, and a hall and thats it) to reduce venue costs. I'm thinking we can do it for less than 7 grand, depending on photographer. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards