Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Proof that I am a complete klutz/dumb*ss

Sooo yesterday morning I had to dig my car out while my neighbors kid helped shovel since DH was away.   I had my car keys in my coat pocket at the time.  After brushing off my car, I went in the house to get changed for settlement.  I put my coat on the dining room chair (right by our front door) because I was going to be putting it right back on.  

Flash forward 20 minutes later, came downstairs to get going .. put my coat on, put my boots on, went to get my car keys out - nothing.  I know I put them in my pocket of my coat, I remember doing this because I actually commented on it as I did it.  So my coat (w keys in it) traveled from my car door, to my front door basically.  Where did my keys go?  Went outside to look to see if I had dropped them, but my neighbors kid had JUST finished cleaning the walkway where they would have been.   So now my keys are obviously in a pile of snow somewhere along the walkway, great.

I had no time to dig through the snow (even though I started to, but had to give up) .. went inside and luckily found my spare car key set, and left.   We keep a spare house key in the garage, so I knew I'd be okay getting back in the house later.

Later that afternoon I stop home to grab a few things I needed for an appt, so I grab the spare key out of the garage.  I went inside, grabbed my stuff, and headed back out.  As I am shutting the door (it's the kind that locks behind you) my neighbor says "So did you ever find your keys earlier?"  and what do I realize just as he's saying that?  I JUST LEFT MY SPARE KEY IN THE HOUSE AND LOCKED THE DOOR BEHIND ME!

Neighbor comes over to laugh at me and help me try to figure out how the heck I am going to get back in the house.  He starts looking through the snow, but I quickly tell him to give up .. it's a huge pile of snow - those keys are gone until Spring.  He suggests we open a window, and I then tell him "Yeah.. except I JUST set the alarm," so that's not going to work.  I put my hands up in the air, proclaim myself a moron, and give up.  

DH was away but luckily was coming home last night, thank god.  I pretty much ran random errands and killed some time until he got home - to which I promptly drove to Lowes and had 3 copies of our house key made.  I will be putting them in random locations and giving another set to our neighbor just to be safe. 

Seriously - I am a dumbass.  Not once, but twice.  Good times.

Re: Proof that I am a complete klutz/dumb*ss

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards