Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Dorthy Ann Bakery?

I am wondering if anyone has used Dorthy Ann Bakery out of Woodbury?  I love their Chantily cake and want them to do our wedding cake but don't know how their wedding service is.  If you have used them, I would love to know your review.  Thanks. 

Re: Dorthy Ann Bakery?

• Options
    leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was interested in checking them out and sent an email asking for some basic info. It took them a MONTH to respond. If a vendor can't respond in a reasonable amount of time I have no interest in working with them, I assume it shows how poor their service is.
  • Options
    bmflowers18bmflowers18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had a few cakes from there...my friend absolutely loves them.  Me on the other hand, I think they are mediocre at best.  My friend's wedding cake was suppose to be square but wasn't and it was really off center (not suppose to be that way).  My baker on the other hand was excellent.  She was easy to work with and the cake was delicious.  If you would like her info let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went for a tasting at Dorothy Ann and were disappointed. They asked in advance what types of cake we were interested (flavor, filling, frostings, etc) but then didn't let us try the ones we requested when we got there. Plus, the cake samples were all just kinda 'heaped' on a paper plate with a smear of frosting on top; talk about lack of presentation.

Anyway, the prices did seem reasonable, but I felt the quality of their cake really wasn't what we were loooking for so we ultimately went elsewhere.
  • Options
    smijansmijan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Dorothy Ann for my wedding!  I will agree with some of the postings above- they don't have the most professional customer service.  I made an appt. for my tasting, and when I got there, it was only a couple of teenagers working, and they had no idea what to do for me.  They ended up giving us a few cupcakes to taste (since that's what I was interested in) and told me to call back later to do the order with a manager. Despite the poor first impression, we went with them anyway since they were affordable.  All that being said, however, they actually did a GREAT job on the day of the wedding.  They delivered on time, and the cupcakes were perfect... they didn't miss a single detail of what we'd asked for.  Two months later, people will still randomly comment that they were delicious!  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards