Massachusetts-Boston

Dress Shopping with a Friend

Hi girls,

One of my best friends just told me she's engaged and I couldn't be more thrilled (I was literally crying when she called to tell me).  I'm just so ridiculously happy for her!  I'm getting married in September, so it's really special to me that we'll get to be brides together for a little bit.

My friend is curvy, I estimate around a size 14-16?  She's a bit self conscious, and would prefer not to have something skin-tight.  She envisions a scoop neck lace 3/4 sleeve A-line dress.  She also don't have a very high budget, though I don't think she's put together actual numbers yet.  I'm planning to help her beef up that budget if I can to make sure she gets a dress she feels beautiful in, but it still will likely be around a $1500 budget max.

Any suggestions on dress shopping?  I want to come visit her in Boston and go shopping at local stores!  Recommendations on stores that are affordable and would carry plus sized dress samples would be awesome.   We can look anywhere in New England if you girls happen to have locations outside of Boston that you'd recommend. 

Thanks in advance!

Anniversary

Re: Dress Shopping with a Friend

• VOWS in Watertown has a plus-size section, and they have really good prices in general. Not sure if the PS are sample gowns from other stores, but their in-house deisgner, Liv Harris does nice work and is reasonably priced, too!
  • Not in Boston, but Botticelli in RI gets good reviews.
  • I had an amazing experience at Precious Memories in Malden. I got my dress there and my bridesmaids also got theirs there. We had a good range of szies and they were able to accomodate all of us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Marry and Tux in Nashua has a large selection!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_dress-shopping-with-a-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:cd26ecba-ec67-4dcf-97c0-d3ca47f60a9cPost:d344740e-535f-4328-9c2a-82cc606d4d5f">Re: Dress Shopping with a Friend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not in Boston, but Botticelli in RI gets good reviews.
    Posted by JBs_Bride[/QUOTE]

That works!  I will be living near Providence (we're moving in 5 weeks) for the summer, and my friend lives in Boston.

Thanks for the tips ladies!

Anniversary

• I am around the same size and loved the fit of Alfred Angelo dresses.  

Also, you can still stay well within that budget and pick almost any dress in the store.  

But really, it was about the fit!  If I could wear one of their dresses every day, I would be a happy girl!
  • Botticelli's is definitely worth checking out, I know so many people that have had great luck there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards