Interracial Weddings

Question of the Week

Okay, in an attempt to liven this back up I thought I'd start this... I was going  to  do a question  of the day, but saw how many say they check this irregularly, so thought let's start with a weekly question and maybe in the new year change it to daily if this goes well.

So I figured I'd start with one we'll all be able to contribute to:

How did you meet your FI/DH?
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Question of the Week

• We met on a Christian dating site. We exchanged a few emails, then facebooked, then got on the phone. 

On the phone, he told me his life story. It took hours. At the end he quieted, feeling vulnerable, and apologized.

I cut his apology off and said, "No, you don't understand." And told my life story.

They were paralell.

We knew God had intended us for each other and became a couple within days. (About two weeks after we met online.)

That was about two and a half years ago... but both being broke we only met in person two weeks ago, when I moved to India to be with him!

That 'how we met' story is when I got out of customs he  was standing to the right, laughing with joy and tearing  up at finally  seeing me, and I hurried into his arms.

Despite loved ones fears, he's exactly who I thought he was when I came.. and he says I'm better.

I'm living in his parent's spare bedroom until we marry (he lives here too.)
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • We actually met at church. We were both visiting another church. I was late and ended up sitting in the same row that he was in. After the service he waited (although I did not realize this) for me to come outside and approached me.. We spoke for a few minutes and exchange numbers. Later that afternoon he asked to meet me for some coffee....I guess the rest is history....
  • met him through a mutual friend. we were friends for a while we then ended up dating after me telling him no for about a year lol 
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• We met at Boy Scout camp. When the ratio is usually something like 60 guys to 3 girls, it's not really a place where you meet your mate! I ran Handicrafts and he worked in Field Sports. We were friends for over a year before we realized we liked each other- he knew before I did, lol. (On a semi-related note, archery is a damn sexy sport...) 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We met online and just instantly clicked. Spent hours on the phone every night, and soon became inseperable! We are both absolutely convinced we are meant to be together, so thank God for the internet!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We met online!  After talking on the phone for months, I moved across country to California.
  • We met through his brother who was attending college with me.  He came home on a two week leave from Germany (he was in the Army) and I feel head over heals for him. We talked for three months, and then he flew me out for a four day weekend that November. Then he left for a year to Iraq and our loved story continued.
  • We met online! Exchanged messages for a little while, and decided to meet in my local area. When I got home from our date I was bouncing up and down in my car lol!
  • We met online as well.  I was not having any luck so I thought I'd just start randomly responding to ads with encouragement or what I liked about their profiles, not necessarily to "find a date".  He had posted something about how he didn't understand women who didn't believe how involved he was in his children's lives.  We chatted for a while, moved to texting, and then the first date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards