October 2013 Weddings

XP: Funny Thought / Nerd Alert!

I think I may have discovered the key to fertility... Braces!

The day of my negative beta (sigh...) I also had to go in to the dentist for my 6-month cleaning. I have veneers on top, and they are still nice and straight and white. My bottoms, on the other hand, are still white, but they have gotten a bit smooshed since getting my wisdom teeth. I spoke to the dentist about it and decided to go see an orthodontist.

The orthodontist and I decided that I would get "lingual braces" (braces that are installed on the backsides of your teeth rather than on the face because Invisalign apparently won't work in my situation). I only have to have these braces on 6 - 8 of my bottom teeth, and because they are on the backsides, they will not be easily seen. I can't believe that as a 32 year old woman I am getting braces... nerd alert!!

However, I am super excited to get them because my crooked bottoms have always bugged me. The appointment is on Monday, so I've been thinking about this a lot today, and it occurred to me that my braces have a fertility benefit. With my braces, I will be a little more like a teenager. Since it seems like teenagers have NO problem getting pregnant, maybe my body will be tricked into thinking I'm a teen again now that I have metal in my mouth. Ha ha!

Here's to hoping for a braces/infertility cure! Drinks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Funny Thought / Nerd Alert!

• You're totally gonna get KU now ;-).  I think you can just stop eating close to the root.  LOL!  J/K
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL!!

And don't worry - my coworkers have them and one is in her 40's and the other was in her 50's. Do what ever makes you feel better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Thank you IVF for our little miracles!!
  • MagoyMagoy member
    First Comment
    Guess what??

I wanted braces all my life.   But, my parents never could afford them.  Finally after I got out of school and got a good job with good benefits... I got them!  The same kind that you are talking about, behind the teeth.   And, I had them put on when I was 31. We were going through IF treatments at the time and lo and behold, I had a IVF miracle cycle that brought me my daughter.  I got my braces off just a week before I had her.  

So - maybe your theory is correct!!
    After THREE years, our IVF miracle is here!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_xp-funny-thought-nerd-alert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:fcc52988-c761-495c-b4e6-47ac0f93845bPost:1ec52acc-20ec-424b-9852-2a804d9569f8">Re: XP: Funny Thought / Nerd Alert!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guess what?? I wanted braces all my life.   But, my parents never could afford them.  Finally after I got out of school and got a good job with good benefits... I got them!  The same kind that you are talking about, behind the teeth.   And, I had them put on when I was 31. We were going through IF treatments at the time and lo and behold, I had a IVF miracle cycle that brought me my daughter.  I got my braces off just a week before I had her.   So - maybe your theory is correct!!
    Posted by Magoy[/QUOTE]

Ha! There's something to my theory! Screw all those silly wheatgrass shots, DHEA, royal jelly, blah blah blah... just get braces. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_xp-funny-thought-nerd-alert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:fcc52988-c761-495c-b4e6-47ac0f93845bPost:280a0eba-2dae-44b6-8d98-b0d67ad55424">Re: XP: Funny Thought / Nerd Alert!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: Funny Thought / Nerd Alert! : Ha! There's something to my theory! Screw all those silly wheatgrass shots, DHEA, royal jelly, blah blah blah... just get braces. :)
    Posted by roselln2[/QUOTE]
    okay I am sooo getting braces!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards