Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Help! Breakout city!!

I have acne prone skin (ESPECIALLY in stressful times)  so I have gotten a total of three facials before the wedding.   The last two were with a woman that I bought a livingsocial deal for and although she didn't do any massages...and was a little awk (talking bad about other clients and was getting upset if I didn't laugh at her bad jokes) she SEEMED to know what she was doing with my skin.   She was going to honor my voucher price again so I went back to her.

I told her I had a ton of clogged pores in between my eyebrows, she said it wasn't a pimple it was a bump from me bumping my head (turned into a big whitehead the next day) and then she did something with red and blue flashing lights.  I've heard this is a real thing, but now my chin is breaking out like CRAZY! It was not like this before I went to her the second time.

I scheduled a last facial before the wedding the week of because I'm in a week long conference out of state the week before.  I am regretting that decision with how bad my face is.  It just didn't feel clean when I left.  I can go to another place for the same price that does massages, but they don't have the red/blue light thing or this electrode thing I call the bug zapper.

Do those things matter?  Would it be bad to switch up the routine right before the wedding, even if I'm breaking out from the current one?

Re: Help! Breakout city!!

• Im not too sure if I can be much help to you or not but I also have acne prone skin; my T-Zone is pretty oily. Even though my wedding is 7 months away, I wanted to get a handle of this now in case I had to do a couple trial and error methods before I found what would work for me. I have been doing a 4-step process twice a day and in about 3 wks, I saw improvements. I clean my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean facial wash, then Witch Hazel astringent, then I apply a spot treatment over obvisous breaksouts by using Persa Gel 10 and I finally end  with using a moisturizer, I use Neutrogena Combination Moisturizer.  About every 2-3 days I will exfoliate with St. Ives Apricot scrub in the shower and I use a rough sponge on my face and exfoliate for at least 2 mins. 

Using an exfoliate scrub and moisturizing is very important for oily acnce prone skin. I hope this helps you! I'm so sorry to hear that you are having a rough time with your breakouts right before you wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I definitely recommend Artistry Essentials Combination to oily. I do free skin consultations and recommend this to all of my customers along with our pore masque. Since I'm not around to do a skin analysis for your and let you try the products I'm not sure what else to recommend you sorry . Let me know if you need anymore info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards