Massachusetts-Boston

Alden Castle

Hopefully look at Alden Castle this weekend. Has anyone looked there yet?
Pros and Cons? The few pictures i have seen online are beautiful, but there are not many online! I was quoted roughly 22-25k minimum just on food etc. I have a budget around 45k and was wondering if its do-able to do that and everything else. Thoughts?

To be blatantly honest, i am awful at this whole wedding planning thing! 

Re: Alden Castle

• I looked there in January when they were still calling themselves Verornique.  Pluses include location, an awesome staff, and a really cool setting.  I wasn't as thrilled with the small cocktail hour space or the fact that they didn't have a separate space for your ceremony (since I was going to get married there as well).  I think 22-25K minimum seems on par for some with most of the venues in the Boston area. Have fun!
  • I;m getting marry there in September.  So far I have had a great experience with Cindy (my wedding coordinator).  The budget should work out for you.  Just be really specific about what is extra and what is included. 

Hope this helps.
  • Hi! I'm getting married there in Oct 2013 and am thrilled with them so far. It's a gorgeous venue, and you actually do have an option for a separate space for the ceremony if you want (there is a slightly smaller ballroom that looks similar). I'm getting married on a Friday so our minimum is 20K - I believe Saturdays is 25K... but this can include everything from food to linens and even some ceremony costs if you choose to have it there. They are also really flexible with timing and such (unlike some other venues which require a specific timetable).

In my opinion the cocktail hour space is gorgeous - it's upstairs and includes a balcony that looks out on to the main ballroom. This space is also available during the main reception for guests to wander up to. 

Great location as someone else mentioned - right across from a green line T stop in Brookline.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards