Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

where was your reception?

Tell me your reception place and give me a little info about it!!!!!!!!!!

Re: where was your reception?

• Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.adobogrill.com/indianapolis" target="_blank">Adobo Grill on Washington.  They closed the restaurant for us on a Saturday night which means we had to pay a premium since they would not be making a profit off their weekly salsa night.  It was awesome!!!  There were passed apps, everyone was seated for salad and dinner, and cake was served with a dessert bar.  The bar was open including premium liquor. 

More on the restaurant.  They have a lot of ambient lighting that can be changed with a switch to fit your mood.  The floors are hardwood which makes it ready for dancing.  It has a main level and a second level wrapping around the first (does that make sense?) so no matter where you are you can see everything.  The staff is the best: friendly, accommodating.  The decor isn't what you would find at a standard-US-style-Mexican restaurant: it's upscale but not super-fancy.  Even though the space is big, everyone feels like a part of the action.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used an outdoor space that our church owns called Teter Family Retreat, because it had a pavilion which meant less tent rental and no dance floor rental. http://www.nfumc.net/teter/facilities.html My parents used Eagle Creek Hideaway which is gorgeous, in the middle of the woods with cement areas outside to dance on and indoor rooms/bathrooms in a building that looks like an East coast cottage. 
    I've heard that the zoo (funny I know) has a great garden that you can use (the butterfly garden maybe?) and they even cater and cleanup and everything, a convenient one stop shop. 
    Happy Planning!
    --Kendall
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our was at Valle Vista golf club on the Southside.  It was a great experience working with them.  They are really easy to work with and take care of a lot of things for you.  Also, the view overlooking the lake/golf course at sunset was great.  We still get compliments about the food and evening.

If you are interested in talking with someone Rosie Maloney was our coordinator there and I highly reccomend her.  I had all kinds of questions and she always got back with me the same day, met with me as many times as I needed, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ditto the above post. We're having ours at Valle Vista in 19 days, and I just had my final meeting with Rosie over the phone (since I"m in Kentucky). They've been extremely helpful and we've met/called them numerous times. They've always been really helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear the positive reviews of Valle Vista. I met with them last week and am returning tomorrow to put the deposit down for next summer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards