June 2013 Weddings

Wedding Planning on Saint Patrick's Day

So while all my friends, and darling FI, have been out celebrating my mom and I have been shopping and planning.

I got some fun bridal party stuff today (I know I'm not supposed to plan it, but my MOH is planning her own baby shower and my bridesmaids have never been in a wedding before, so we're all just planning everything together.)
I picked up hair accessories for the flower girls.
And we were supposed to pick up mom's dress, but had to send it back because it was the wrong color. Thank goodness that was an easy fix!

I really should be working on school stuff, but I've got wedding brain.

What's everyone else up to today?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Planning on Saint Patrick's Day

• Worked on printing all of the wedding invitations and helped discuss the bridal shower with my MOH. She is in school and out of state but coming home for the bridal shower. My FI and I picked our first dance song today! Yipee!
    Anyone else going back and forth on their first dance song?
    We picked My Best Friend by Tim McGraw

• I am because I'm not sure that everyone will approve the song we picked, Smother Me by The Used. I had one of my bridesmaids listen to it, she wasn't impressed, and now I'm really worried about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-planning-on-saint-patricks-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:041eb8a6-38d0-42c5-bf4d-de8696db76dePost:9e439627-9c66-4ee5-bab7-32e2ad238be1">Re: Wedding Planning on Saint Patrick's Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am because I'm not sure that everyone will approve the song we picked, Smother Me by The Used. I had one of my bridesmaids listen to it, she wasn't impressed, and now I'm really worried about it.
    Posted by dammitkrystyn[/QUOTE]

If you and your FI like it, that is all that matters!! nobody needs to approve it-- So unless its inappropriate (I'm not familiar with it) then you are good to go :)

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_wedding-planning-on-saint-patricks-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:041eb8a6-38d0-42c5-bf4d-de8696db76dePost:9e439627-9c66-4ee5-bab7-32e2ad238be1">Re: Wedding Planning on Saint Patrick's Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am because I'm not sure that everyone will approve the song we picked, Smother Me by The Used. I had one of my bridesmaids listen to it, she wasn't impressed, and now I'm really worried about it.

I just listened to it on youtube, I don't see a problem with that song if you like it.

We booked our musicians (a violin duo) and finalized our registries! We couldn't find a set of dishes we really liked until we finally looked at Walmart- I didn't want to register there but they're the only good option that has what we want (all guests are coming from different places).
  • FI loved registering, even after it took some serious convicing to get him to go in the first place. It was so much fun. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • First dance song was an easy pick for us.. well for me at least. I decided what song I wanted way before I even met my fiance lol. It only took a little convincing for him to agree to it.

It's the walking down the aisle song we're struggling with.

I might try and make some programs for the wedding, just waiting for an email from my officiant with the details we discussed last week.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

I wanted to dance to a song by The Used too!  But it got shot down. :\
    It's not meaningful, so it's okay... it's just pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards