Christian Weddings

Wedding Wednesday QOTD

Where did/are you go/going on your HM?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD

• We are going on a 4 night Bahama cruise with Norwegian. We fly down to Miami on Sunday, stay over night in Miami and then leave port on Monday. We get back into port on Friday and then we fly to Cincinnato for a Reds game on Saturday. We get back home Sunday.
  • We are going on a cruise too!  It's a 6 day Carnival cruise - leaves from Ft. Lauderdale, goes to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Jamacia.  I can't wait!
  • fpaemp2011fpaemp2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2012
    We were able to go to Aruba due to a very generous gift from DH's godfather. We stayed at the Marriott Renaissance in Oranjestad. It was perfect.
  • We don't know yet, but probably to the Himalayans!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    All of those honeymoons sound nice!  We went to Puerto Rico in early June, but it rained every day, which was so disappointing as every time we ventured to the beach it would start raining.  I imagined turquoise or at least blue waters, but everything was brown from the rain!  That was very unsual they said for that time of year. 
  • We are staying our first two nights in a nearby hotel to relax and recoup from the wedding (with a 2 person hottub in our room um-hum). Then we are heading out to a condo near Branson for a little over a week. We are looking forward to enjoying Table Rock Lake and the Ozarks and just soaking up the togetherness (in adittion to the fact that we live 3 hours apart and only get to see each other every other weekend, we have 11 siblings between the two of us, so a week of time alone together sounds like heaven on earth!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are leaving 2 weeks after the wedding for an Alaskan Cruise with Holland America.  We are super excited- although instead of buying summer clothes- I've been buying new winter ones- it is still pretty cold there in May!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:94a47b63-4069-4d65-ae52-b5cfcb82170aPost:8e91f358-7578-4b54-bc24-de42adb4e6dc">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are leaving 2 weeks after the wedding for an Alaskan Cruise with Holland America.  We are super excited- although instead of buying summer clothes- I've been buying new winter ones- it is still pretty cold there in May!
    Posted by clcranda[/QUOTE]

My parents want to go on an Alaska cruise next March for their 40th wedding anniversary.
  • We went to Seaside, Oregon on the coast for 4 days.  It was really nice and relaxed, which was just what we needed.
  • Pacific City, OR and it was AWESOME. Because really, all we did was hang out in the bedroom ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:94a47b63-4069-4d65-ae52-b5cfcb82170aPost:b4b0ab18-b80c-40de-9a1a-a4353e6f044a">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pacific City, OR and it was AWESOME. <strong>Because really, all we did was hang out in the bedroom </strong>;)
    Posted by mrandmrsbrist[/QUOTE]

<div>That's probably what we're going to do! He he he!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to West Palm Beach, Florida.  We had a great time.  One's of DH's aunts lives an hour or so south of there, so we drove down there one day when the weather wasn't great.  I got to see my bouquet again because one of her daughter's was the one who caught it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:94a47b63-4069-4d65-ae52-b5cfcb82170aPost:b4b0ab18-b80c-40de-9a1a-a4353e6f044a">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pacific City, OR and it was AWESOME. Because really, all we did was hang out in the bedroom ;)

Hah!  yup, that is very true for us as well.  Funny, the summer before we got married, a coworker told me that if we were going to go someplace exotic for our HM we needed to go for two weeks because all we'd want to do the first week would be each other :-P  She was irritated because they spent all this money on a fancy HM and realized once there that they didn't want to do any of the local sightseeing, they just wanted to be with each other.  That saved us loads of money!
  • FI is planning it and won't tell me!

I know we need our passports but that's it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_wedding-wednesday-qotd?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:94a47b63-4069-4d65-ae52-b5cfcb82170aPost:b4b0ab18-b80c-40de-9a1a-a4353e6f044a">Re: Wedding Wednesday QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pacific City, OR and it was AWESOME. Because really, all we did was hang out in the bedroom ;)

<div>
    </div><div>That's our plan too!!! </div><div>
    </div><div>We are going to the West Indies to a little island. </div>
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • We didn't go on one. We were planning to for spring break, but H got sent to BMT...so that didn't happen lol.
    the reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. ~nicholas sparks<3</center>
  • DH and I drove down to Orlando the morning after our wedding and did Disney World and Universal Studios for 6 days, 7 nights.  We also saw Cirque du Soleil and went shopping at Downtown Disney, played mini-golf at a Disney water park, ate and played games at a Dave and Buster's, ate at Flipper's Pizza, etc.  It was a blast!  DH and I are more active vacationers, so it was perfect for us.

The only bad thing was that I sprained my ankle half-way through the trip!  Ouch!  I had to be in a wheelchair at Animal Kingdom and had to wear a brace at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • We don't know where we're going yet. But it will most likely be Savannah,GA
  • Eastern Caribbean cruise with carnival and 2 days in South Beach ( Miami)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• We flew into Vegas the day after the wedding for a few nights, then rented a car and drove to LA to fly to Fiji for another week. It was the best of both worlds for us since we got to celebrate in Vegas and relax in paradise in Fiji.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards