Wedding Classifieds
Options

Vera Wang Luxe "Whitney" Dress for sale! Never Worn $6,000 (Retail Price $13,500)

Hi there ladies and most likely Bride-To-Be's!!!!

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! It's a very exciting time, and I hope you are able to enjoy the wedding gown shopping experience, as well as all other aspects of wedding planning. Cherish it! : )

So...I am selling a brand new 'Whitney' wedding dress from the Vera Wang Spring/Summer 06 Luxe Collection. Ivory satin organza modified a-line gown with pinched sweetheart neckline. Alencon, lyon and chantilly lace-appliquéd bodice, matching lace godets with champagne taffeta waist sash & crystal brooch. The sweetheart neckline is trimmed with tulle and fabric covered buttons along the back go the whole way down to the hem of the dress. 

When I bought the dress in 2008 I paid $10,500 for the sample at a store in the suburbs of Philadelphia which was going out of business (Suky Rosan Bridal: Suburban Square, Ardmore, PA). The retail value price for the Vera Wang "Whitney" was originally $13,500. Since I was buying the sample, I got it for $10,500. It is a sample and has NEVER BEEN WORN. I ended up wearing a Monique Lhullier that I found late in the dress search game--only a few months before my wedding--at a trunk show! I only tried the Vera Wang on two times: once at Suky Rosan when I initially tried it on, and once more at my one and only fitting, as seen in the attached photos. (Please contact me for photos, as I'm unable to post on this message board!)

Please note: The tulle "halter" in the pictures was something that I was considering adding to the dress in order to hide some of that stubborn side boob/arm fat (I'm sure you know what I mean ladies!).  But I did not end up following through with it. It was just something we were playing with at the fitting. So there is no halter actually attached to the gown. 

It's been beautifully preserved at my parents house for the last few years, and since my parents have recently moved to a new home, I am now motivated to sell it to some lucky bride to be!!! 

The Dress is:
-A Line
-Lace-applique bodice
-Originally size 10; minimally altered to be a size 8 (which translates to a street size 6)
-Sweetheart neckline
-Ivory Color
-Included is a champagne colored belt

If you are interested or have any questions please message me. I am also able to send additional photos. The dress is in perfect condition, wrapped and packaged in a bridal keepsake gown box.

Thanks so much and happy bridal shopping!!

-F

Re: Vera Wang Luxe "Whitney" Dress for sale! Never Worn $6,000 (Retail Price $13,500)

• Options
    edited November 2012

Hi there ladies and most likely Bride-To-Be's!!!!

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! It's a very exciting time, and I hope you are able to enjoy the wedding gown shopping experience, as well as all other aspects of wedding planning. Cherish it! : )

So...I am selling a brand new 'Whitney' wedding dress from the Vera Wang Spring/Summer 06 Luxe Collection. Ivory satin organza modified a-line gown with pinched sweetheart neckline. Alencon, lyon and chantilly lace-appliquéd bodice, matching lace godets with champagne taffeta waist sash & crystal brooch. The sweetheart neckline is trimmed with tulle and fabric covered buttons along the back go the whole way down to the hem of the dress. 

When I bought the dress in 2008 I paid $10,500 for the sample at a store in the suburbs of Philadelphia which was going out of business (Suky Rosan Bridal: Suburban Square, Ardmore, PA). The retail value price for the Vera Wang "Whitney" was originally $13,500. Since I was buying the sample, I got it for $10,500. It is a sample and has NEVER BEEN WORN. I ended up wearing a Monique Lhullier that I found late in the dress search game--only a few months before my wedding--at a trunk show! I only tried the Vera Wang on two times: once at Suky Rosan when I initially tried it on, and once more at my one and only fitting, as seen in the attached photos. (Please contact me for photos, as I'm unable to post on this message board!)

Please note: The tulle "halter" in the pictures was something that I was considering adding to the dress in order to hide some of that stubborn side boob/arm fat (I'm sure you know what I mean ladies!).  But I did not end up following through with it. It was just something we were playing with at the fitting. So there is no halter actually attached to the gown. 

It's been beautifully preserved at my parents house for the last few years, and since my parents have recently moved to a new home, I am now motivated to sell it to some lucky bride to be!!! 

The Dress is:
    -A Line
    -Lace-applique bodice
    -Originally size 10; minimally altered to be a size 8 (which translates to a street size 6)
    -Sweetheart neckline
    -Ivory Color
    -Included is a champagne colored belt

If you are interested or have any questions please message me. I am also able to send additional photos. The dress is in perfect condition, wrapped and packaged in a bridal keepsake gown box.

Thanks so much and happy bridal shopping!!

-F

• Options
    cwaggoner07cwaggoner07 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited November 2012
    Try posting this to the classifieds board.
    <------------------------
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards