Chit Chat
Options

Bridal Shows

Is it worth it to go to a bridal show?
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller

Re: Bridal Shows

• Options
    I don't think so.  I went to one and found it to be a huge waste of time.  I found a lot better info about local vendors on my local board here.
  • Options
    I don't think they're worth it. I went to one and felt like I was being hasseled to sign up for stuff I didn't want. If you already have any idea of what you'd like your wedding to be, then you can do research on your own. I also felt like the vendors at the bridal show were out of my budget, and found better vendors through research on the internet.
  • Options
    i went to a couple and found them amazingly helpful. i found my florist and a photographer and a baker that i booked for my wedding that i knew nothing about before the show. so i guess its hit and miss. some of the vendors are pushy but not all of them.
  • Options
    Eh ... I went to one that my venue held. My mom was happy because she was able to see how they set things up for events, but for the most part, it just got my email address on a bunch of mailing lists, and 2 weeks after my wedding, I'm STILL getting offers from DJs and photogs that I never had an interest in. I didn't wind up using any of the vendors that were actually there that night, so it really didn't do me much good at all.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I went to one and it was fairly helpful.

When I went, I needed a photographer and a florist. I met my photographer there. I also met two florists that I interviewed but ended up not going with.

So I totally think they could be really helful but it could also be a bust.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No, and it is even less awful to drag your BMs to it.
  • Options
    they are and they aren't... i like them for looking at the dresses and sometimes they have something new and different at them. but they can be a waist if there isn't thing new at them.
  • Options
    It depends. I have gone to a couple since being engaged. I say if they arent to expensive.... go to one and see how you like it. I enjoyed it, as I got to see different ideas and decor options in person. As well, if you need vendors this could be a great way to find one or even get ideas on things you would really like to have,/don't want/or never thought of. The biggest thing I liked about it was that I got to basically do one stop shopping. All the vendors and ideas where there and I didnt have to spend the time going to all these different shops/locations to meet with these people or see the ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    123image 64image 35 image 24image RSVP Deadline: June 15, 2010
  • Options
    I've been to 2 bridal shows so far! The first one had over 100 vendors but was about 2 hours away from where I'm getting married, so I didn't have much luck with finding anyone other than a photographer who I'm still considering!  However I did find it very helpful and took a few notes on what to look for. The second one was completely ridiculous with only 25 vendors! It was a total waste of our time and it was the one that was closer to where we're getting married! I have 3 more that I plan on going to that are near by and am hoping for more luck at them! I made an email account just for the wedding shows because I knew they would be sending out emails and what not! Personally I think they're fun and since I still have well over a year to plan I don't think they're overwhelming! I like getting new ideas :)
  • Options
    I think they are helpful. I won a spa day for me and my BM.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I only went to one and it was too chaotic for me and the vendors at this particular show didn't really seem interested in spending quality time with us when we stopped by their booth, probably because there were so brides there that they wanted to reach as many of them as possible. 

I might have gotten more out of it if wasn't so crowded and better organized. This is a good article about ways to navigate the bridal show circuit.

• Options
    I think they are. I found my DJ at a bridal show and I am in love with her. I can't wait to have her at my wedding. The rest of my vendors I found elsewhere, but the bridal show gave me ideas to compare to. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards