April 2012 Weddings

Photographer/MOH's Dad-Surgery!

So my MOH just told me that her mom and dad are both scheduled for surgery sometime in March. She assured me that he will be recovered enough to do the wedding, but I am starting to really stress over this and I know I shouldn't because there is nothing we can do. He has been paid in full, and the wedding is less than 2 months out now, so even if we had the money for another $1.5K payment, it'd be hard to find. He says he has an associate he can get to do the wedding, worst case scenario, so hopefully we will in fact have that safety net. 

MOH's mom has needed a kidney for years now, so I am SUPER relieved and happy that they are finally able to make this work. In NO WAY am I upset with them about what's going on, because this is MOH's mom's LIFE on the line. I'm just freaking out about something going wrong, like the surgery being pushed back or if he has not recovered in time, thus not having a photographer for my wedding, which is kind of a huge deal to us.

Obviously I am also worried for my MOH's parents, and for her, because this is such a trying time for her. She is trying to balance school, this with her parents, her FI deploying to Afghanistan soon, and my wedding stuff. 

Just needed to get that out. 
April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**

Re: Photographer/MOH's Dad-Surgery!

• Hey you've had enough hassles already I don't blame you for being concerned.  It sounds like he's going to make sure you're covered no matter what and I'm sure he wouldn't recommend his associate if he didn't think you'd be happy with the results.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Wow.  Well I hope it all works out for you.  I get where you're coming from, I think anyone would honestly feel the same way.  There's not much you can do but pray that things go smoothly, I suppose.  I'm glad he has a back up just in case, I would think if he's a prof photographer he would have backups, JIC something happens (like, say, not being recovered from surgery in time).  I know that was worked into our contract with our photographers and our DJ.

I do really hope that everything works out ok and MOH parent's are ok, and her mom gets better!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards