Virginia
Options

Williamsburg inquiries

Hey everyone! I got engaged less than a month ago and have decided that we will have our wedding reception and ceremony in Williamsburg I have a few questions and would appreciate any help!
1. Church for the ceremony- what are the bigger non denominational churches in Williamsburg?
2. Reception sites- i want a romantic location for a private dinner reception that has a nice view. 
3. Any recommendations for florists, caterers, DJs, and of course photographers in the Williamsburg area. 
Thank you so much! 

Re: Williamsburg inquiries

• Options
    edited December 2011
    April Renee Photography

She is located in Williamsburg too Smile
  • Options
    swjb2010swjb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Williamsburg Winery. I'm using it for the ceremony and the reception. 

For the florist we're using Jennifer Litterst at My Favorite Things. She does really lovely work.

The two caterers we considered going with were Laura Reeves from The Catering Company of Williamsburg and Michelle Butler from A Catered Affair.  However, Laura was much more difficult to get a hold of. I don't know if she was just super busy at that time or what, but we had to e-mail her multiple times after meeting with her to get her to send us her sample menu. And when she finally did, it seemed like she did a really last minute job that didn't include many of the things that we had discussed during the interview. Michelle on the other hand was always prompt in her responses and did a really fantastic job incorporating things we liked into the menu. It could be we just caught Laura at a bad time, but I didn't want to stress about whether or not my caterer felt like getting back to me, so we went with Michelle.
    image 135 Invited so far!
    image 101 Are ready to party!
    image 34 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My photography Chelsea LaVere owner of Bit Of Ivory Photography recently got married in Williamsburg!

I would recommend her for your photographer. She took our engagement photos and will be taking our wedding photos as well.

here are samples of our engagement photos!
    http://dreamaandavid.weebly.com/engagement-pictures.html

And her direct website
    http://www.bitofivoryphotography.com/
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you haven't decided on a baker, Creations From The Heart, located in Seaford off Rt. 17 is very good.  Great taste and good price.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_williamsburg-inquiries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:0269417e-5cde-4cf5-84f3-0ff420f4b1bbPost:dc40fa13-38aa-42cb-b7db-2ec55fb61984">Re: Williamsburg inquiries</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you haven't decided on a baker, Creations From The Heart, located in Seaford off Rt. 17 is very good.  Great taste and good price.
    Posted by jen12_23[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, her cakes are amazing! And she will absolutely make anything you want. She's even willing to try new recipes if you come up with something she's never tried before. But her key lime cake with key lime buttercream is heavenly.

Also, we got a 3 tier cake for $150 for about $375. Here's what it looked like (the flowers are silk that we added to the top, not sugar):
    <a rel="nofollow" href="http://photova.smugmug.com/Weddings/Elizabeth-and-Craig/12297374_Zv2Ws#877535316_5Qarp">http://photova.smugmug.com/Weddings/Elizabeth-and-Craig/12297374_Zv2Ws#877535316_5Qarp</a>

And of course you can see that we used Prints Charming Photographer for our pictures, she also did my bridal portraits which you can see on the site if you go back to the main wedding page.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cannot wait to see my cake!  We are doing something different, red velvet, and I am really excited.

You might want to go to some bridal shows.  Kiln Creek Golf & Country Club is have a Fall Bridal show on 9/26.

Omni in Newport News is having a show 9/19.

And there is going to be one in Virginia Beach in October. 

These are just a few, but you can search, and usually the fee is $5, but brides and grooms get in free.  Just a thought for ya!   Good Luck!
  • Options
    slcinvaslcinva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you need a henna artist I would recommend me :) drawnuponhenna.com

Cake - Bella Cakes - most beautiful & delicious cakes I've had/seen bellacakes1.com

DJ - Zero Hour Entertainment - zerohourva.com

Venues: Historic Triangle Community Services Building on Waller Mill is very pretty, affordable and the hall is 4000 sq ft, if you want something a little more historic (and more expensive) go with The Williamsburg Inn, another option is the Williamsburg Players - a theatre company that also rents out their space for weddings, Fords Colony Country Club is another beautiful option and they have four areas to choose from depending if you want indoor/outdoor - small/large 

Hair - Kelly @ Mirror Mirror 229.8577

Nails - Carrie @ Uptown 564-1809

location & caterer in one - if you are going to have under 150 guests I might suggest speaking with Daniel (he NOT she) at Le Yaca, very well known French restaurant with a beautiful atmosphere, he has two rooms that hold 22 people each, one room that holds 30 and one that holds 60 or you can rent them all out and create seperate spaces for eating, dancing, younger guests etc.

If you need any other info just let me know!
    Sarah
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards